Whitney, Grady, and I welcomed March (a day early) with a nice picnic at their "birthday party park" and some Irish attire :)
They were both cooperative...sorta........in their own way. But those are always the pics I like the best. The ones that really show their personalities.
And I really love when they make similar faces in pictures.
This little girl is the best big sister on the planet. She is so patient and protective and thoughtful when we are at the park with her brother. She still has her own fun, but often says things like, "But...Grady cant get out of your arms or he will eat mulch." and "But...should Grady go down the slide, or would he get hurt?"
And this kid? Is a trip. He still makes the best facial expressions, and is starting to have the voice to match. New sounds and pseudo-words are cracking us up lately.
He will let us put a hat on him as long as we distract him quickly to take his mind off the hat we just placed on his head. Once he hits the hat on his carseat or on a toy, he remembers it is there and rips it off. He kept this leprechaun headband on for a really long time. I love it.
And this is my favorite picture from the day. They look like they are singing....
Some funny Whitney-isms:
(from a long time ago)
"Mommy, when I grow up, I want to be a mommy just like you."
(i melt in her doorway before turning out her lights)
"Aww, thanks, Bug...."
"....'cept I wont name my kids Whitney and Grady. I will name them Felix and Sawyer."
Well then.
Ok.
Youll thank me later. And I will love my grandson, Felix fiercely. ;)
Whitney's class presented chapel last Friday and Whitney was soooo excited to be the shepherd!! She talked about it a lot during the week, and woke up Friday morning with such excitement!
She came out of her room in this ensemble and asked, "Mom, do you fink dis is a good shepherd costume???"
And Grady, who is mesmerized by anything that makes noise, lights up, has buttons, or belongs to his sister, was super excited to check out our shepherd's light-up heels :)
Thankfully, her fabulous teacher had a much more appropriate shepherd ensemble awaiting Miss Whitney that morning. And though Whitney told us she had some lines, she in fact didnt have to say one word. She just had to wander to the right a little bit "in search of her lost sheep" and then give her "lost sheep" classmate a hug when she "found her".
But she sure did practice her fake line!
"Where could my sheep BE!!?? Where did my sheep GO!? How will I ever FIND my sheep??"
For real. She was very convincing and I had no clue she would not be speaking a word lol
She did a great job and Grady had fun watching all the big kids dance and worship. My mom and Eric joined us for the event which made Whitney beam with pride from ear to ear :)
This dude. All the cliche stuff babies are "supposed to do"? Yeah. He does it. Toilet paper thief. Kleenex destroyer. Outlet investigator. Dog Food tester. Grass/rock/mulch eater. Chair climber.
You name it.
He's on it.
Though he will have to get better at hiding the evidence...instead of trailing it through the house.
Last Friday, my mom's brother Scott and his wife, Natalie, were driving through our town on their way back to snowy Ohio. They stopped to spend the night at my parents' house, so the kids and I headed over for a quick visit. While we waited in the driveway, Whitney and Grady were treated to several golf cart rides around the cul-de-sac, and some bubble fun thanks to Mac and Gramps!
Who's having more fun here!?
And both kids LOOOVE bubbles! I always forget how simple and easy bubbles are, so its a nice way to entertain both kids outside for a while. Whitney and my dad were blowing "really BIG bubbles", and they watched as one flew over the garage and disappeared. My mom and I both smiled and melted when Whitney gasped and VERY confidently, "Mommy! That bubble is floating all the way to HEAVEN! It will go all the way to heaven so Nanny can see it!!!!! I think she will love it!"
She hasnt seen her Nanny since November 2010 when Whitney was 18 months old, but she talks about her and prays about her and I love that that's the first thing she thought of when her "really big bubble" floated "all the way to heaven."
Sweet girl.
And Grady got some time with Uncle Scott who, less than two years after doctors wondered if he would make it through the night, is now practicing for his days as a GRANDPA! We are so excited to see Uncle Scott's recovery going so well, and know that his hands will heal and allow him back on his golf course very soon!!


No comments:
Post a Comment