Wednesday, March 20, 2013

More Magical Memories


I have another post coming re: the recent St. Paddy's Day festivities, but I want to make sure to post the awesome pictures and memories from our recent day at Disney with my parents!


Last Saturday, after Whitney's tennis lesson, we all headed to spend the day at the parks!
We took the boat to the Magic Kingdom. Grady LOVES that boat and was bouncing up and down in Mac's arms as we made our way across the water. 

I made the kids some new Mickey shirts for the Spring and I have to admit...the bright, fun colors are adorable :)


Once in the Kingdom, we stopped to see Mickey.  Youd think after ALL the times we have been to Disney, Whitney would want to skip seeing that mouse.  But nope.  She loves it every time :) 


Grady has met Mickey before, and I keep expecting him to panic or get scared of the giant rodent, but nope.  He loves him, too!


(One of those moments I wish Grady would finally walk. I know he wanted to run into Mickey's arms!)



I think Whitney has been to Disney over 100 times, and in 2012 we went to the parks 25 times, so Grady is quickly catching up :) 


But that Mouse still makes my kids smile EVERY single time :) 
Like magic.




After some time with Mickey, we decided to ride the train to the back of the park.  We rode the train once before, but since trains arent really Whitney's "thing", we never felt the need to do it again.  
But Grady? LOVES trains. So we knew we had to ride the train :) 


Love this. 


As the train pulled into the station, Grady was in awe.  He couldnt believe his little eyes. 


I tried snapping pictures backwards without being able to look into the viewfinder, but this is the best I could get.  




He waved and yelled, "CAH!!" ("Train" in Grady's language)


We rode the train around the park, ending in the back where Whitney's favorite rides can be found :) 






After she got to ride the Barnstormer with her Daddy, Whitney was sooo excited.  She was allowed to use her "outside voice" with her Mac :) 


Whitney LOVES to scream and squeal.  Sometimes, its not cute. Sorry. Its just not.
But when she realized she was outside, and other rollercoaster riders were screaming, she knew we couldnt tell her no.


And it was even BETTER when her Mac joined in the fun!


She was SOOO happy :) 


Next, she rode the tea cups (another favorite) :) 


The lines started to grow longer, so we headed out of the Magic Kingdom and made our way to Epcot for the afternoon.

But not before taking pictures and watching Mac and Gramps buy out the toy store :) 

I REALLY thought Grady was going to take his first steps right in front of the castle.  Now THAT would be magical, right?!




I love that my kids get to grow up with my parents actively involved in their lives.  They spoil our kids treat these kids to toys and clothes and fun ALL the time, but the best gift is knowing that BOTH of our kids absolutely LOVE spending TIME with my parents.  That's the best gift in the world. 


At Epcot, Whitney loved dancing to the band in the UK, and she couldnt wait to show Snow White her newest Minnie Mouse in Germany!


Grady loved the whole day, too.  They are both at such FUN ages where things are still fun and happy and exciting and special.  They are both fun to be around and spend time with.  They go with the flow of life and really remind me to slow down and enjoy the little stuff, like shrubs cut like the Seven Dwarfs or bubble-blowing "guns" that cost $4 at Walmart. 


And at the end of the night, Mac and Gramps earned some kind of trophy or plaque when they bought this little girl a singing Sofia the First doll! She was sooo happy :) 


It was the last one on the shelf and Sofia sleeps in Whitney's bed every night :) Great find, Mac!


I dont think we've ever had a BAD day at Disney World, but every now and then we have especially awesome days there.  This was one of those days :) 



Look for our St. Paddy's Day cuteness in the next few days!


No comments:

Post a Comment