Wednesday, April 3, 2013

My Birthday Weekend Fun!

I had the BEST Birthday (again) this year! 
Birthdays just get better and better lately :) 
I cant imagine why!?

Oh wait...i CAN imagine why birthdays just keep getting better year after year....because I continue to be blessed beyond my wildest dreams, year after year!
I know a LOT of people use the phrase "beyond my wildest dreams", but I mean it! 


Back in the day (2008), I never couldve guessed or imagined or dreamed that I would be the mother of TWO amazing kids.....healthy, happy, relatively drama-free, cute, funny, laid-back kids!


I knew I married the right guy who was willing to "make all my dreams come true", but I had no idea that life would continue to get better and better.  I truly feel like the luckiest girl in the world. For real. 


Now, youre gonna hear me talk about how blessed we are and how lucky we are and how fabulous life is a LOT this month.  Because its a BIG BIRTHDAY month around here! 


But first, (and before too many more pictures fly by), I will tell you why MY 34th birthday was so awesome :) 


With the kids' birthday party themed nailed down and Dr. Seuss stuff overflowing in our guest room in preparations for their BIG day, we were VERY excited to learn that Dr. Seuss' "The Cat in the Hat" was playing at the Orlando Rep theater! 


Whitney LOVED seeing "The Little Mermaid Jr." there in November, and my mom and dad bought us all tickets to enjoy the show for my birthday! 
We knew Whitney would LOVE it.  And we all just sorta silently agreed that we would take turns walking Grady around the lobby once he lost interest in the play. 


The show was 45 minutes long, so I sorta wondered if he would get the chance to see most of it before losing interest, but I never imagined he would sit through the whole thing.


Well.  He did.



He watched the entire show, mesmerized, with a death grip on my mom's hands as he sat in her lap.  


Like this:

The. ENTIRE. Time. 


(I know, I know. No photography during the show. I couldnt resist.)


So he loved it.  And of course SHE loved it, too!


She couldnt WAIT to meet Sally and Nick (we know the boy is not named in the Seuss books, but the kid is called Nick on the PBS show...so now you know.)


And she declared "Cat", the "funniest cat EVER!"


We all couldnt stop talking about how great the kids were during the show, and how much we ALL really enjoyed it!  We are definitely big fans of the Rep and look forward to Whitney taking some camps there in the years ahead!





Thanks for the fun afternoon, Mac and Gramps!!! This was such an awesome birthday gift!!!!



And the gifts just kept coming, as they took us out to a delicious dinner after the kids grabbed some naps at home! 

Picture-taking fun :) 




And since it was my birthday and because my Dad loves me and my kids, he took them on a walk outside so I could finish my warm meal and glass of wine :)
Isnt he the best Gramps?!


There is a fountain right in front of them, on the other side of the window.  I was counting the seconds until one of them accidentally took a dip :) 
Not this time!


And what better way to end an awesome birthday?! 
A gorgeous sunset!!


I wish Eric was in the pictures, too, as we have soooo few family pics of all four of us lately, but Im so grateful he captured these cuties with such big smiles on my big day :) 







It was a great day from beginning to end!
THANK YOU Eric and Mom and Dad for continuing to spoil me year after year! 
I LOVE YOU!!


No comments:

Post a Comment