Thursday, August 21, 2008

Fay, Fay, GO AWAY!!!!!!!


The Sheriff's Department wont let people in or out of my neighborhood. Remember when I said this tropical storm Fay was nothing to write home about?? Yeah, well, she is kicking our arses right now. We have a lake in the backyard and it is at least 4 ft higher than normal, and our pool was drained for 3 hours straight last night....it is overflowing right now. The wind comes and goes, the lights flicker, and our neighbors are over here because their smoke detectors are dripping water....TOO MUCH RAIN....we are building an ark tomorrow!
So, the one road in and out of our neighborhood has over 3 feet of water covering it and the sheriff wont let people in. Our husbands are both trying to get home. They said they will be getting some canoes or small boats or a big truck to shuttle people across, but they dont know how long that will take. BOOOO
Our schools are closed tomorrow....again....and i doubt work will be open. The rain just wont let up!
Thanks for letting me vent...

oh, and Summer (neighbor and BFF) left our bottle of wine at HER house next door.....BOO HISS


UPDATE: I tried to take pics, but it is too dark and windy...Eric was just dropped off by a military hummer/hummvee. There is 3-4 feet of water covering the entrance to our neighborhood...the entrance is longer than 2 football fields put together....the lake/fountain at our entrance is overflowing into the streets, and the sheriff said we will not be able to pass tomorrow either. They will try to come back and do shuttles when they can, but arent guaranteeing anything. :( Eric's car is parked outside our neighborhood....and more importantly, the wine made its way to our house :) I will be home tomorrow, so anticipate stupid posts and boring updates :)

5 comments:

April said...

WOW! LOL WHEW I'm so glad the wine is on the way! lol

Stay safe!

April said...

WOW! LOL WHEW I'm so glad the wine is on the way! lol

Stay safe!

Mandie said...

Scary! Glad everyone is ok though!

Tracey... said...

Wow! Glad family is all ok...I'll pray for a let up soon!

Tracey... said...

PS...your on the prayer list post for Sunday! God Bless!

Post a Comment