..now the HARD part.....waiting and waiting and waiting.....
Our home study was GREAT and very informative. I feel even more confident that our decisions re: drug exposure, mental illness, etc were the right ones for us. We are VERY Excited now! :)
The reallll waiting begins....I will JUMP every time the phone rings!
Now they can show our profile to any birthmoms who match our requests/desires/etc. They wont call us everytime they present our profile, but we can call as often as we want to find out if its been shown at all. (Guess how often I plan to call????? :))
She said they are currently working wtih 40-ish adoptive families, and 23 birthmoms. Not all birthmoms have been matched (so one of those could be OURS!) I asked if she thought we had good chances of being matched by Christmas and she was honest. Said she couldnt tell since she cant predict the kinds of birthmoms who will walk through the door. Makes sense. She said they are having an increase in caucasian birthmoms lately, and they think it is due to the economy. :( So sad.
She said to be prepared for a birthmom who smokes because the vast majority are smokers. She said most of them cut back during their pregnancy, but not all of them quit entirely. She said that can just cause low birth weight, small head circumference, and repiratory problems at birth. (My grandmother smoked through 7 pregnancies, and all the kids are fine as adults; and my cousin smoked through two pregnancies, and her kids are freakin smart and fine...so i am not concerned about it as much anymore.) Obviously, if I was carrying a bio child myself, I could guarantee certain things would not happen (smoking, drinking, etc.) She said they can reasonably guarantee no drug or alcohol exposure,(drug tests) but cigarettes are just too tough since that is the "kind of lifestyle" these girls typically live.
She made the call to verbally approve us, so we are on our way. :) We could literally get a call tomorrow......
SOMEONE HELP ME GET THROUGH THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10 comments:
WOOHOO WOOHOO WOOHOO!
Kat I'm sooooo happy for you! Its just a matter of time now! WOW!
We were told we could wait up to 18 months and we got the call after 6 weeks. We were also told about smokers and drinkers and even OCD and bipolar moms....ours is seventeen, doesn't drink or smoke ....she's allergic to milk!!! I think all will be well....IN GOD'S HANDS!
girl, you KNOW I am crossing all fingers and toes for you guys!
Praying, praying, praying, as always for you and Eric to get the perfect match in His perfect timing.
Love you guys :)
Way to go Kathleen! I can't wait until you are matched with your baby! How exciting!
Hi Kathleen!
I have been keeping up with your blog and am SO happy you are paper pregnant!!!! I know everything will turn out perfect!!!
Hope all is well with you and Eric!
Nicole (Carly's mom)
Congrats!!! I hope you have a very short wait!
Lori(from old AB board)
I haven't checked up on you in forever. That is FANTASTIC!!!!! SO excited and happy for you!! I hope to keep up with you better, sweetie - I miss you!
CONGRATS!!!!!! Your blog left a big smile on my face. I'm SOOOOO happy for you and Eric. I just know you will have your sweet baby soon! HUGS!!!
YAY KAT!!!
That is SO exciting!! I can't wait until you get the call!! I'm praying that it's not a long wait and you are holding your sweet baby by Christmas!
Post a Comment