Thursday, August 7, 2008

NOT just a crib...and WHERE is EDNA!??!?!

OK, yesterday was one of those "peak" days on the rollercoaster..we were up so high and so excited and happy.
Today...notsomuch.
Its sily, I know, but I am upset that our crib is not in stock. Ridiculous, I KNOW! I have been STARING at this crib on this stupid website for MONTHS now, just WAITING to click "purchase"....and today we can FINALLY take that step and the d**n thing is OUT OF STOCK. SO annoyed. We called the store and they dont carry it in store...we called customer service and she had no clue when it would be restocked. blah. So I am bummed.

AND...to top it all off, Edna the "amazing" social worker STILL has not called to set up our home visit time/date. What is WRONG with that woman?! You'd think she could at LEAST call us and say "hey, i dont have my calendar in front of me, but wanted to let you know you are on my 'to do' list..." GRRRRRRRR

(and no, i am not exaggerating when I say I have been looking at that crib online everyday for MONTHS.....so sad....)

WHy not order another crib?? well, i am torn...i have wanted that crib for a LONG time..and it took me a LONG time to find one that I really liked. So I hate to give up on it and move on to find something new. Besides, it MUST be a great crib or it wouldnt have amazing reviews and it wouldnt be sold out! BUT, we might have to wait for months for it to restock and apparently Walmart is the ONLY store on the PLANET that sells this crib. (of all freakin stores...grr...my LEAST favorite place in the world)
So...i want a crib NOW, but I want to hold out for the one i want...not second best.
But I have no clue how long that will take.
I literally looked at the website yesterday or the day before, and it was IN STOCK and screaming for me to purchase.......but i waited until our gift card arrived so we didnt have to spend our own dough. Cheap, i know.
SOOOOO annoying...................and it doesnt help that Eric is the eternal "Glass half full" kinda guy who doesnt "get it". He just thinks we will order some other crib and I'll be fine. ugh. men.

And re: Edna: a friend said we are "tied to her inefficiency" and right now, that is the PERFECT way to put it. SOOO frustrating. I know she totally has the right to take a vacation...but her vacation ended on Friday and she was back in the office on Monday. Why is it taking her a whole freakin week to contact us? And her boss (our closest contact at the agency) just keeps saying "I will send her another email" and "I will leave her another message" and "I'll be sure to tell her again"....I KNOW for a FACT that Edna was in the office today. Her boss told me she would be in "all day". So why no phone call still???? GRRRRRRRR I am really getting hot about this now.

And the whole crib thing is just plain depressing.(Yes, i am back to the crib topic).. I just cant figure out why we cant get ANYTHING right on the FIRST attempt. I am totally blowing this all WAY out of proportion (poor Eric...this new BCP may shrink cysts, but it also shrinks my patience and ability to reason)...but it just really annoys me that we have to wait, wait, wait allllllllll the time. Everything from a baby to a crib requires WAITING......

all i wanted to do was hit "purchase" and have my crib on the way. is that so wrong? LOL...how can something sooooo simple (making a baby or ordering a crib) be soooooooo difficult for two people?!


And my JM friend, Shawna said it PERFECTLY:....the crib represents the baby....
i used to be this well-put-together, intellectual, articulate chick who made sense 99% of the time and rarely over-reacted...............the past 3 years, while I would NOT change one minute of it, have really driven me insane-o! I used to laugh at girls like me!!! "How can she be sooooooo excited one minute and soooooooooo pissed the next??...she must be psycho.....what a mess!!"
Now I am that mess!!!!! LOL

TRYING to keep this in perspective and relax a lil,...it's "just a crib".....but its totally not just a crib. ya know?

Eric is being rational (how dare he!?) and we will be waiting 2 days to see if the crib is restocked online. If its not restocked this weekend, then we'll move on to another option on Monday.

Please know that I recognize that I am irrational here... haha its just a crib....but its totally not just a crib

3 comments:

Mandie said...

Big hugs dear. I imagine that would be hard. Maybe try to find a cute little bassinet or something instead? After all, your tiny babe will be in your room for awhile. Sleeping next to mama. Trying to make you feel better hun. But I understand that you are upset. HUGS.

Tracey... said...

TOTALLY UNDERSTAND! I went to three different Targets in town because the other two were out of them and this was the only one that still had one!

Keep calling your caseworker...remember the squeaky wheel....you're their customer...I'd be calling every hour until I got to talk to her....you're much more patient then I am.

It will all work out....keep praying! God is there with you and probably just as frustrated!

God Bless!

April said...

You'll get it sweetie! UGH wait wait wait.......I just don't like waiting either! LOL

And what is that case worker doing! CALL CALL CALL......girl I would!

Post a Comment