So..the crib is UP! Wanna see? :)
We obviously still need the mattress, and many other details (like, say, THE BABY), but it is such a fun feeling, knowing that we have a CRIB in OUR house! :) VERY cool!
In other Baby Bass news, today marks two weeks since we turned in our profiles. Two weeks since we have heard from the agency. And Eric and I agreed that we would call every two weeks, just to get updates and see if our names had been tossed around at all. So far, our profile has not been shown, but there WAS a pretty decent sized storm here last week, so I am not surprised. Our rep told us that the agency has been "extremely" busy lately, with new birthmoms coming through their doors in record numbers. So our chances might be improving! :) But before we enter the equation, birthmoms have to meet several pre-requisites: they must be 20 weeks pregnant, must do an intake interview, must meet with the financial advisor re: their needs and limitations, and must complete paperwork re: what type of adoptive family they want for their child. THEN, after ALLLL that is done, our agency pulls profiles who have preferences that match the birthmom preferences. If there is a question about whether or not we would want to be shown, they will call and ask us "can we show you to this birthmom"? (and i will freak out until we hear back from them re: whether or not she picked us!)
And in other news (not baby related, imagine that!): tomorrow starts my favorite season of the year....COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON! :) I am hoping my Clemson Tigers can pull through and do their best not to drop the ball (literally and figuratively). They are starting the season ranked #9, and I am hoping to see them even higher as the season progresses. And, of course, tomorrow afternoon we will be warming up our tailgate spot at UCF. This marks the second season in the new stadium, and our second season as ticket holders. Always a good time. Poor Melissa is the Season DD for us since she is carrying Baby Bass's cousin...and we will do our best not to annoy her. :)
Sorry this post is so disjointed...I have attempted to complete it 3 or 4 times since I got home from work, and my brain is not funcitoning properly yet. It must be the three day weekend :)
5 comments:
The room is looking great!!!
I LOVE the crib!! That is going to be one beautiful room for one incredibly loved baby. :) So excited for you!
And enjoy college football season! :) Love you girl!
Cute!
I love college football season too!
I love it! Very cute room!
I love the crib. Very similar to Brenden's crib. You guys have good taste ;)
Don't ya just love having a nursery?? I bet you walk in there and stare at it all the time (I did when I was preggers).
Post a Comment