Wednesday, August 6, 2008

RIDICULOUSLY EXCITING UPDATE!!

Well, I called our agency today and Edna is still out of the office but will be in tomorrow. Denise said she would send her another email/note to make sure Edna knows to call us "first thing". That was SLIGHTLY frustrating to hear since we have heard the same thing for 3 weeks now...but THEN:
Denise: Why dont I have your profiles yet?
Me: They are done, but we know we still have these 2 home visits to complete, so we figured we'd wait to turn them into you.
Denise: No, no, no..I NEED them NOW..as soon as possible. Really. And you only have ONE home visit before you are matched and placed. Once Edna comes to your house next week, I will be showing off your profile RIGHT AWAY.
Me: Wait, we only have ONE home visit? I thought we had TWO and THEN you could show our profiles...??
Denise: nope, just one and I think Edna will be out to your house next week, so that means I will want your profiles ready and available to show by the end of next week.
Me: What?! WOW! Really!?? Oh my gosh...that is GREAT!
Denise: Yeah, I like ot have everything ready and waiting since your file is 90% complete. Your in-house profile is already written..Edna wrote it up using your answers from all the paperwork you filled out. Now all she has to do is visit your house and add in some quotes and little anecdotes and you are ready to be shown.
Me: (almost CRYING with excitement) That is SOOO reassuring and exciting! THANK YOU so much for catching me up! Wow...next week, huh?
Denise: yep..I told ya this was gonna happen quickly....I never understand why you guys dont believe me when I say 'it could be any day now!' haha
Me: wow...any day now....wow.........

So...That is where we stand and I could not be more excited! I feel like I am about to be a mommy! I feel like I just peed on a stick and got a positive pregnancy test! I feel like we are about to be parents! My stomach is all jumpy and excited and nervous!

We are ordering our crib this coming weekend and THAT will make it even more REAL! :)
YEAH!!!!!!!!

10 comments:

Bridget Reed Photography said...

What?!! This is sooooo exciting sweetie!!!! I'm so happy for you guys! :)

The Haver Family said...

Exciting!!!

Holly Burkhardt said...

YAY YAY YAY!!!! I am so excited for you Kathleen. You are going to have baby Bass in your arms any day now :D

April said...

OMG Kat what wonderful exciting news! I just know the next blog I read will be "THE ONE" OMG I'm so happy for you.......that was so fast and I know you'll be matched even faster. Luv ya :)

Lauren said...

OMG im sitting here bawling!! Im so happy this is going so fast!!!! You all deserve this so much as does the little one that youll be blessed with! I know yall are gonna be such great parents and with how fast its happening its amazing! I cant wait to read the next blog and im sure itll be we have a babybass!!!!!!

Jenilee said...

OMG THAT IS WONDERFUL!!!!!

Mandy said...

I'm in tears - SOOOOOO exciting. I love you girl. . and can't wait to TALK TO YOU when you get matched. That's right - you better call me - morning noon or night! Love to you and Eric. . . .

Jennyfur-Austin's mommy said...

Oh wowzers Kathleen, that is wonderful news! Super happy for you and enjoy your baby supply shopping. I got goosebumps reading the post! Praying for your sweet blessing to arrive soon.

Tracey... said...

I FEEL YOU BABE! I have 4 months, 1 week and 4 days to wait and I'll be a mom too!! It will move quick now. We only waited 6 weeks once we became active!

Mandie said...

WOOT! Can't wait to hear good news for you both.

Post a Comment