Sunday, February 1, 2009

This is so much fun!

So, as you can probably imagine, being the closest we have ever been to being parents for the first time, we are BEYOND excited. The word "excited" doesnt really even do this justice. We are way more than excited. We are just sooo blessed, and humbled to know that alllll of our prayers...every last one...is being answered right now. We have prayed for a child for years, and it is looking like our dream is coming true soon. There are so many more prayers being answered lately, too. My relationship with my parents is greatly improved and getting better all the time. Both of our families are so excited to welcome our newest member!
Our child is going to be surrounded by wonderful family, friends, and even little friends her age! We have a niece due any day now, twin boys due next door in June, and several other close friends with newborns, or ready to pop bellies! It is all shaping up to be the perfect picture that we would have painted if someone told us to describe how our ideal situation would look. We cant ask for a better agency right now. I am hoping and praying that T is being treated with respect and understanding, and being given good advice. This must be such a difficult time for her, and I only hope I can help to ease her fears, concerns, or questions about this aspect of her life right now. I pray that we can work together to ensure the baby has a secure attachment and positive view of her adoption "story". I cant wait to meet the baby, but I especially cant wait to meet the expectant parents at dinner in the next month or so. This is all sooo exciting! (there's that word again!)

Eric and I spent this weekend engulfing ourselves in all things pink :) We bought bedding, CLOTHES, binkies, and more. The baby already has FOUR pairs of shoes....FOUR! She has 16 hairbows on the way, sure to match almost any outfit I can come up with! I will take pics this week or maybe next weekend when Eric is back home and the bedding is all set up :)

Before anyone gets nervous about our lack of self control in regards to uor excitement, please know that we have been given NO reason to suspect this will not happen. Our agency has beeing doing this for 30+years, and they have told us that they are confident in the adoption plan based on what T has told them, her actions, requests, and words. D told me again on Friday, "celebrate until I give you a reason to stop celebrating." and "I have no red flags or concerns right now". So, until we are given reason to be worried, we are moving forward in hopes of meeting a precious baby girl who comes home with us in April. The fact is, if THIS particular situation doenst work out, then it wasnt meant to be. That baby girl was not meant for us. But another baby WILL be in our arms someday. And as one of my favorite First Moms reminded me last week...if we end up with empty arms on this situaiton, we will be disappointed, whether we bought a few pink outfits. If this falls through, we will surely be hurt. But celebrating now will not make that pain any better or any worse. We will move past it and pray for another situation to present itself quickly....but not celebrating now would feel like we were lying. We ARE excited. We ARE looking forward to this. We ARE emotionally invested in this. Thats who we are. We've been waiting to be this one step closer to being parents, so it feels GREAT to celebrate :)

10 comments:

SarahBeth said...

I can't wait to see the stuff you have picked out! I love looking at baby girl things! Fun Times!!!!!!!

The Saunders Family said...

Still praying:)

~Morgan~ said...

It sounds like you and Eric had a great time shopping. I can't wait to see pics of all the pink girly stuff. I am just so happy for you and Eric your dreams are finally coming true. Congrats again!!!!!!!


Morgan

~Morgan~ said...

It sounds like you and Eric had a great time shopping. I can't wait to see pics of all the pink girly stuff. I am just so happy for you and Eric your dreams are finally coming true. Congrats again!!!!!!!


Morgan

LL said...

Congrats again. I am looking forward to all the pics of all the pretty pink things.

Thanksgivingmom said...

Sounds like a wise first Mom ;)

Mikaela said...

I get chills every time I read your posts! I'm so happy for you. I think it's great that you are enjoying this special time and filling your house with pink. HAVE FUN!

Tracey... said...

I so remember this feeling and how fun it was to get everything ready! ENJOY! If your agency is confident...you should be! God Bless!

Mari said...

Told ya, pink explosion! What is also amazing, is you will have a ginormous box of bows and still need that one that just matches this or that outfit! Good luck!! I am so excited for you. :)

April said...

Baby girl stuff is soooo fun! You will love having a lil princess! LOL

I'm so happy for you!

Post a Comment