Thursday, August 27, 2009

Bailey and the Princess: Hide and Seek!

Bailey: Hey, Whitterbug! I know it's almost nap time again, but ya wanna play a quick game of Hide-and-Seek with me?
Whitney: SURE, Dogger! ummm...How do you play that game???


Bailey: Oh, I'm so excited to teach you this game! You go hide, and I'll stay here and close my eyes like this, and I'll count to ten. When I'm done counting, I'll come try to find you! Sound like fun?
Whitney: Wow...I know I've said it before, but YOU are the COOLEST BIG BROTHER! OK...I'm off to find a really good hiding place!


Whitney: ....WAIT, just a second, Dogger.....You WILL come find me when you're done counting, right? You sure you arent just trying to get me off your tail?
Bailey: Yes, yes, Kid. I'll come find you. I promise. Now run along and hide....1......2..............3.....................4..........

Whitney: THIS IS GONNA BE SOOOO MUCH FUN!!!!

Whitney: Ok...should I go THIS way..........

......ot THAT way.........???

Hmmm...I might need some help finding a hiding place where Bailey wont find me right away. I know JUST who to ask.....

Hey man...you seem to know a lot of stuff....the ABCs, some fun songs, a bunch of numbers.....think you can help me find a good hiding spot?

Well, I guess I cant expect you to know EVERYTHING. You have a point though...if I am looking for a good SPOT, I should talk to someone who knows a lot about SPOTS....thanks for your help!

Hey, Spot! Can YOU help me find a great hiding spot? You can?! GREAT!!

OK..........like this?? Well....I dont know, Spot. I DO have a lot of pink on, but I just dont think I'll blend into the blanket enough. Bailey will see me! Thanks for tryin' though!

Hey, Bailey-look-alike! I bet YOU'LL know where I can hide!

Hmmm...well........this wasnt exactly what I had in mind.... Bailey's a pretty smart dog. I know he'd look for me in our reading chair since I love it so much. Thanks for tryin' though!

Ok, Little Dog. It's getting close to nap time and I still don't have a good hiding spot. You have any bright ideas?

Wow! I never thought of that before! That just might work!! THANKS, Little Dog!

Ummmmm.....now that I think about it.....I'm not too sure this will work afterall.

yeah....this doesn't seem too effective either. Sure. I can't see HIM when my eyes are closed tight, but surely Bailey would be able to see ME! It was worth a shot though....

MEANWHILE......
Hey, Soxie. How ya doin? You see the Whitterbug go by here lately? We're playing Hide-and-Seek, and I looked in her jumperoo and her reading chair, but I guess she's even smarter than I thought cause I can't find her.

You think she went that way...? Thanks! .... Oh, and GO SOX!! :)

Hmm...maybe she went out there!

Psst..hey......hello?? You awake?? Hmph. Looks like you're sleeping. You probably won't be much help to me here. Sweet Dreams!

Jeesh...you're makin' me tired! I better keep movin'!

Nope...no sign of here in there......but I'll be back for YOU, Mr. Lizard!!

Yikes....(shudder).....that pool SCARES me! I'm GLAD she's not in there!!

Hey, Blondie! Think YOU can help me out here? I'm trying to find the Whitterbug's hiding place. She's really good at this game,....er...for a newbie that is.

Huh? You think you heard her in her room??? AHH! I could just KISS you! MWAH! THANKS, BLONDIE!!

SSSHHHHHHHH! I think we found her!!! All the clues point here!

She's in THERE! SHHHHH....

GOOD TEAM WORK, GIRLS!! Thanks for your help! Let's go get her....

See, Mom?! We found her! Oh...we know. We'll be quiet....

....she sure is CUTE when she's sleepin', isn't she guys? YEAH!

Let's all just wait right here for her to wake up. Promise not to wake her!

Bailey: Huh? Oh! What? She's awake!??!!! YEAH!!! I FOUND YOU!! Whitterbug, you're good at this game!
Whitney: ...yawn....game? what game..? Oh! yeah! I thought that was all a dream! I MUST be really good at this game if YOU couldn't find me! Good job, Dogger!

That was FUN!!! When can we play again?!

Mr. Lizard: >gulp<.....i'm next.......and he ALWAYS finds me....I'm OUTTA here!

7 comments:

Jersey Girl in Louisiana said...

ive been reading your blog for a while now. your story is a great one with a happy ending.

whitney is just adorable. and florida lizards look totally different then louisiana lizards.

Shannon said...

Very Cute story Kat!! Another great chapter to "Whitney and Bailey Conquer the World!!!" :)

Patty said...

Oh, Kat! You are TOO funny! That was just so cute. Whitney is so so so adorable. I can't get enough of seeing her pics!

Ashley said...

Kat that is too cute. You are such a great mommy AND narrator!! I love reading about miss Whitterbug. And Bailey too. ;)

I can't believe how big she is Kat! It just seems like you got notice that they picked you!!! I am SO happy for you and Eric!

Ashley (mom2kendlee)

mommy2rene said...

LOL Kat, loved it. I can't wait to read the next adventure they are going to have :)

Angie said...

I love it..

Mikaela said...

I love these little picture stories you come up with. You're so creative!

Post a Comment