Thursday, July 1, 2010

One Year Ago


I was just thinking about all the cute Independence Day outfits and bows Whitney has to wear this year, and remembered this picture from last year:
What a difference a year makes!
These pictures were taken one year ago today:


And these were taken today:




What an AMAZING year it has been! Whitney is growing and learning new things everyday. Her sunny personality and spunky ways are giving us a glimpse into the "big kid" she is becoming, and we just cant wait for all the funny things she'll say and do to keep us on our toes.
Those pictures from last year take me right back to those moments. The cute red jumper that made me declare "red is her best color"...until i saw her in purple...and pink........and even white. The onesie that says "I heart Dad", and those giggles that made us tear up with love and pride. I remember that "The Wizard of Oz" was on television when Eric took those pictures of us on the couch, and we were wondering out loud if she would grow to love classic movies, and how old would she be when we could start enjoying family movie nights, where we make pizza together and pop in a good family-friendly movie, and just spend time as a family. Little did we know that, just 12 short months later, Whitney would gladly watch "Toy Story" and "Finding Nemo" with us, from beginning to end, laughing at all the right parts and giggling with excitement as we sit together as a family.
I remember being so thrilled that Bailey was being soooo good with having a new baby in the house. I was happy to report that he hadnt shown any signs of aggression or anger towards us or his little sister, and wondered if she would grow to love him the way we do. Bailey still follows Whitney around, partly anticipating dropped crumbs or goldfish crackers or raisins, but partly because he just loves her and wants to protect her. He gets nervous when she is upset, and runs back and forth between a whiny Whitney and her mommy and daddy, almost asking us to make sure she's okay. He stalks her high chair (cuz he's no dummy, and he knows she is his best bet for scraps of yumminess making their way to his mouth), and puts up with her yelling "no!" in his face when she thinks he's come a little too close to her snack. He has even put his pride aside and welcomed his super-short haircuts every few weeks, in an effort to make his little sister's life dog-hair-free.

And here they are today, enjoying each other's company and making my heart smile :)
High Five, Big Guy!                                                                     
Mommy! He is the BEST big brother!! :)
I can only imagine what another year will bring..... :)

2 comments:

Sha said...

Oh Kat she is soooooo grown up! Where oh Where did BABY Whitney go? She is as BEAUTIFUL as ever! I wish you Eric, your Precious Princess and Baily a VERY HAPPY 4th of July!

Joe, Lynzie, Corbyn & Callie said...

Love reminiscing (sp) about old times. She's really grown! I hope I can try to keep up with the blog even half as much as you. Thanks for pushing me to do it, I hope people who don't see us that often can get to see more pics..between this and facebook-geez:) XOXO

Post a Comment