Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Picture Catch-Up

This was the scene last night, right before bedtime. She asked for her "shades" while I was putting her PJs on, and she kept them on til we read books and said prayers. So cute. Even cuter? She now says "AAA-men" at the end of our prayers each night. :)

This was last week..just one of the cute outfits she had to celebrate the holiday weekend :)
And Ive recently been scouring the internet and any books I can get my hands on in an attempt to find new and exciting activities to keep our smarty pants occupied. Little did I know that all that research would be pointless since she can entertain herself with diaper and wipes boxes :) She may be SUPER smart, but she is still only one year old..and boxes are "coool". (another of her new favorite words...so cute)
On Sunday, one of my besties, Juliet, invited us to join her, her mom, her sister, and our friend TK for breakfast with Mickey, Donald, Daisy, and Goofy! We loved getting time with "Auntie Jet" and her family, and of course The Mick.
After breakfast and a wonderful nap, we headed over to my parents' house for some grilling and Toy Story watching. :) Whitney is OBSESSED with Woody ("Woo-ey") and Buzz ("buzbuzbuz") and could not take her eyes off the TV long enough to take many pics. :)
This weekend we have beach plans and Disney plans with lots of family and friends, and we're headed to the library tomorrow with some of our besties. :) Whitney is enjoying her My Gym classes more and more every session. She is making new friends and showing even more growth in her personality and vocabulary. I must admit, this is probably the toughest stage for me so far. Whitney is incredibly well-behaved and super smart, but I find it becoming more and more challenging to keep her occupied and engaged in activities. She isnt a "big kid" yet, and not quite ready for "pretend playing" for any great length of time...but she's also not a baby anymore, so a lot of her toys are boring or not-as-exciting anymore. We've spent a lot of time with play-dough, crayons, paint, building blocks, etc lately, but I am excited to grab a book about Toddler Activities tomorrow at the library.  We have My Gym to get some energy out and build social skills, listening skills, and keep her busy. But Im looking for more things to do at home to help her stay excited about learning new things. I'll be happy to post any fun, exciting ideas I might find...and feel free to send me any and all suggestions you may have!! :)

1 comment:

Mikaela said...

Kathleen- this is one of my FAVORITE blogs for ideas for little ones. I love that she typically connects most of the activities to a song, book, fingerplay, etc. Be sure to look at the older stuff (when her son was a bit younger):
http://www.notimeforflashcards.com/
I LOVE watching Whitney grow up. She's tooooo cute!

Post a Comment