Wednesday, July 28, 2010

We had the BEST Day!

We didnt have anything particularly exciting lined up. No Disney trips with friends. No birthday parties (that was last night!). No guests from out of town. Just a last minute morning trip over to Mac's house to visit and get outta the house. 
Little did we know we would all be laughing until we almost cried!

Last night we went to a fun kid place caleld Kidtropolis to celebrate Ike's 4th birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ISAAC!

Whitney was more interested in shaking the tokens to make a loud noise...she didnt want to feed any of her tokens to the machines!
You know you had a good birthday party when the guests CRASH and sleep like rocks :)

She LOOOVES her Minnie Mouse!

And this morning after breakfast we headed over to Mac's. They started out reading some books together...

...and givng Bailey some much-needed attention...

..and then there were lots of laughs on Mac's "ride" (Her computer desk chair that spins around and around and arrooooouuuund)....

Who is having more fun here, girls??!
FASTER, Mac! FASTER!!!

"WHHOA, NELLY!!!!"  Apparently "whoa nelly" is THE. FUNNIEST. THING. Mac has EVER. said. EVERRR. Whitney could NOT stop laughing, which got US laughing hysterically. And Mac laughed so hard she had tears rollin' :)
And then......

...we laughed some more....
....because a kid in a grocery bag is pretty. stinkin'. funny.

"Where's Whitney!?"

"Here I AM!!"
"...whoa......not cool."

That was FUN, Mac!!
Im cute. I know.


And after a nap and some lunch, I left Whitney in the playroom for a bit with an Elmo DVD and a bunch of books set up. It had been a few minutes when I realized I hadnt heard much noise from that part of the house...So imagine my surprise and pride when I rounded the corner and foudn this:
She was studying the books I'd set up for her. She wasnt tearing down the blinds or eating an accidentally-left-behind marker or crayon. She wasnt breaking DVDs. She wasnt pulling the stuffing out of a toy, like a certain mutt we know. She was "reading"!! :)
The best part? The title of that book is "Count Your Blessings" :) We count her FIRST!
Then, Eric came home and we went on a family walk around the pond :)

...before bedtime with the little unabomber. :)


 

Oh, and we found time to practice some numbers before dinner :)


We struggle with a few still, but she recognizes 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, and 9. Sometimes 10. :)

2 comments:

Sha said...

Such a smart and BEAUTIFUL lil girl she is!!!!!

Christie said...

Oh so cute! Loved the grocery bag pics:) And her little car she went around the lake in!

Post a Comment