Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Life (according to the pictures in my cell phone)

I've recently noticed that I take a lot more pictures on my cell phone than I do with the real camera.  Whitney is so hard to catch in action now that she's not the itty bitty little baby who couldnt roll away, let alone RUN from my flash!  I was going through my phone and noticed a few things:

1.) I take a LOT of pictures in the bathrooms of our home.  Why!? Whitney is very happy to entertain herself under my bathroom sink while I brush my teeth and try to look presentable. This day, she found our Neti pot and proudly proclaimed "TEA POT!!" and tried to pour some "tea" to drink...umm, eww. She clearly doesnt know what a Neti pot is used for. (shudder)


This was the same day, when I decided to straighten her hair with my brush and hair dryer. 

This is in her bathroom, where she RUNS to brush her teeth and loves to rinse the toothbrush. She would brush her teeth 10 times a day if we let her. :)
 Back in our bathroom...she just looked cute sitting there while I was getting ready to leave.  Her shirt says "Everyone is thankful for ME!" :)

2.) I love catching Whitney when she's doing something cute or fun, but I dont have my camera close enough or cant leave her alone long enough to run and grab it.
Crayons + toddler left alone = eaten crayons....therefore: a cell pic of her trying to stack crayons end-to-end

Child left unattended sitting on the counter + leaving to go grab the camera = ER trip and Mother of the Year Award revoked....therefore: a cell pic of Whitney helping me smash up the cruchy onions for our "Crunchy Onion Chicken" dinner.  She loooved hammering on the counter!
3.) I take a ridiculous number of pictures of crap  stuff/crafts I make.
Old not-so-cute platter I found when cleaning out for the garage sale + tiny bit of Chalkboard Paint from Joann's = fun new platter to display messages on the counter :)

Scraps of ribbon + Whitney's nap time = a few new bows to add to the collection
Two new turkey shirts. Shirts were $3.50 at Walmart. Applique design was $4 online. Scraps of fabric = $just get them out of my drawer-FREE.
It took about 30 minutes to do the white shirt, and I was sooooo excited and in love with it. (Thus, the cell phone pic...?!) I was soooo upset when my machine jammed on the letter 'W' when I tried to put her name underneath. I had to get creative and make my own patch for it. I figure it will work for the one week she'll wear it :)
more bow-making...Took this cell pic to send to my friend Ashley since its for her daughter Grace....
.....along with this dress. :) She asked for a "pink and purple dress" for Grace's 4th birthday. I hope she likes it :) I had fun making it while W napped.
4.) I take a silly number of Sleeping Beauty pictures:
Exhibit A
Exhibit B 
Exhibit C, snoozing on her Papa's lap

Exhibit D, snoozing in my lap on the couch....something ive always cherished, so naturally I would grab my cell phone and snap some silly self-portraits to freeze the moment in time :)
5.) Whitney and Bailey are in a LOT of pics on my cell phone (that whole "constantly in motion" thing again)...but this one might be my absolute favorite moment of these two together. She was gently rubbing his ear like the tag on Bear Blanket....and her was loving it.  Closing his eyes and letting her invade his ears? Where is my crazy dog? Surely THIS dog is not the same dog who howls at the doorbells on the Geico Dominos commercials...

6.) I like to capture pics of Whitney creating magic and smiles. Like this morning when we made Handprint Turkeys:



And I just caught this picture about an hour ago when I went to let Bailey in the backdoor.  Whitney had apparently left Woody and Bear Blanket to watch the ducks out the window. So sweet.


And some cute pics and self-portraits from this morning when Whitney was modeling tghe new Minnie outfit I made her last night:




Distracted by the book bin in her room, she found one of her favorites....Little Miss Spider's ABCs.


So of course we had to stop everything, sit down, and read the book together.....and snap a few more self-portraits with the REAL camera.

So thats our life in cell phone pics :) haha  There are other pics on my phone, but they each fall into one of the above categories....sleeping child, things i made (or want to make), Bailey dog being cute, or Whitney being cuter....likely in a bathroom.   (I'll work on that.)

This weekend is going to be sooo much FUN! One of my favorite college roommates is coming to visit with her 10 month old son, Ryder.  Liz and I made some super fun and FUNNY memories at Clemson, and I cant wait to watch our kids play and make more memories for us :) We will be at Disney a LOT this weekend....so expect quite a few pics and cute stories ahead!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I love the one of her looking at her hand in amazement, so cute!!

Lynzie said...

Love it, especially the sleeping on the changing table:) I too take a LOT of cell phone pics:) hey, you gotta capture the moment! If this posts I will be amazed because I can never post comments on your page??

Lynzie said...

Love it, especially the sleeping on the changing table:) I too take a LOT of cell phone pics:) hey, you gotta capture the moment! If this posts I will be amazed because I can never post comments on your page??

Lisa said...

OMGOSH! #1 I love the plate. I think I might have to make one! #2 Her little Minnie outfit is adorable and I love her little flip flops!! Girl stuff is soooo cute!

Post a Comment