We've had a lot of fun in a low-key kinda way lately :)
Whitney had one of her BEST gym classes EVER today. My heart just swells with pride when I see this little girl RUN into the arms of her teachers, when just 3 or 4 short weeks ago, she was showing fear and anxiety when they would approach her to try the balance beam or to "fly" on the uneven bars. Now? Today? This kid was the star of the show. For those who havent been to a My Gym class, we start out with "circle time" where two teachers lead the toddlers and their parents through a stretching routine before they are allowed to go run, jump, skip, leap, and flop on all the fun equipment. The routine is the same every time we go, and they play the same song. We are starting to go to class twice a week again, but recently we've only been going once a week. Whitney remembers almost the entire circle time routine. She starts bouncing her arms a few beats before the teacher...then she does "seee, saaaw, seeeee, saaaaaw" a few seconds before the teacher, and she makes big circles and little circles with her arms and reaches and stretches all before Miss Jackie or Miss Shannon get a chance to move on! Everyone was laughing at her and saying how amazing it is that she remembers and repeats it each week :) I have to admit, Im always a little amazed myself! She is just sooo smart and super fun!
Some of her favorite things to say now:
"Mommy, I FUNNY!"
"Aww, MAN!" (when she falls down or trips or drops something...haha)
"YES! OK! PWEASE!!" (Im pretty sure this is because I will ask her a question like, "Whitney, would you like more milk?" and she will say "yes", and then I respond "Ok, what do you say?" and she says "Pwease!"...so she just condensed it into "YES!! OK!!! PWEASE!!!"...and yes, they are all shouted!)
"Mommy, I READDDyYYY" (yelled from her crib when she's ready to get up. Most days she likes to hang in her crib and "read" a book or talk to herself or laugh by herself before Im "allowed" to get her up and procee with our day. I started telling her "Ok, you can stay in your crib...just call me when you're ready!" and then leaving her alone. Now she tells me when she's ready to move on... haha)
"ME, toooo!" (said after I told her "Mommy really likes the triangles!" when we were building towers to knock down the other day. She responded with 'me tooo!'...and i wasnt sure she knew what it meant......until she said it again and again for other things in other contexts haha)
"I STUCK, Mommy!!!" (Said whenever she is ready to get out of the stroller or high chair....yeah, kid,,...you're "stuck" for a reason!)
"Mac...GET IT!" (Whitney dropped something off the couch at my mom's the other day, and she leaned over the side, looked up at my mom and yelled at her, "MAC, GET IT!!" We couldnt believe she was bossing us around already! haha)
She is also repeating almost EVERYTHING we say. Which means the everyday, slip-through-the-cracks "bad words" are now on the "DO NOT SAY" list. "Stupid dog" is easily repeated now. (Said lovingly, of course..) As well as, "idiot", "jerk", "dumb dog", and a host of other light-hearted "swears" that we dont want repeated in public :)
She doesnt just repeat the "bad" words we let fly. She told me "'scuuu me" the other day after I sneezed ("Excuse me!"!) and she often runs through the house saying "tanksyouwedum (tanks you wed um)" really fast....thats "Thanks! Youre Welcome!" for those who dont speak "Whitter".
 |
| We went to EPCOT's Food and Wine Festival last week to see Boyz II Men with some of our besties. These guys sounded EXACTLY same as their tapes I listened to on my way to high school in 1997! Impressive! |
 |
| He was always my favorite :) |
 |
| We were SOAKED. it hadnt rained in our area in more than 36 days (yes, I looked it up...), but of course the one night we have to stand in line OUTSIDE, it poured. And then, we were about 8 people away from being under cover. If we were just a littttttttle bit earlier in line, we totally wouldnt have been drenched during "Motownphilly" :( |
 |
| We ordered Whitney's big Christmas gift this week (Ssshhhh! It's a kitchen set...don't spill the beans!) and were trying to make more room for the kitchen and all the accessories in the playroom. I ditched the big glider I rocked Whitney in for the last 18 months, and got the rocking chair my Gramma Mac used to rock my mom (Mac) and her siblings. It is considerably smaller, so Whitney is thrilled that she can climb up on her own to read books. :) And I still get to have a place to sit in the playroom to read books with Whitter...critical. :) (The blanket was made by my Aunt Gerry when I was a baby....looove when things have history!) |
 |
| Got this MagnaDoodle in great shape from our community garage sale this weekend! Whitney LOOOVES it, and it was only $3 (which I thought was a great deal until my neighbor, Summer, bought one at the next house for $.25. Boooooo.) |
 |
| Dancing Queen |
 |
I've always LOOOOVED Whitney in red and pink. She had some CUTE outfits as an infant, and my mom and I found this Carter's set at Ross for $6 this weekend! I embroidered a little pink "W" on the front pocket, but Whitney does NOT sit still long enough for me to capture its cuteness. Trust me though. Its cute.
 |
And to think....we didnt think she could possibly get ANY cuter!
 |
And then she DID get cuter...
 |
And CUTER....
 |
I mean, seriouslyyyyy cute!
(not sure why there is a huge gap here, but i cant get it to go away...sorry) |
|
|
|
|
 |
| I can almost hear her laugh in this picture :) |
 |
| Serious work...some of our favorite days are spent piling blocks super high and then smashing them to pieces :) |
 |
| I am happpppy to report that her hair is under control again! I think it must have been the humid weather..? Now that it is in the 60s and 70s, her hair is ROCKIN' IT! Great curls, pretty shine, no tangles.....love it :) |
 |
| Showing off one of her new skills....using a FORK! |
 |
| But sometimes, its just EASIER to grab that silly piece of hotdog....... |
 |
| ......and show it who's boss! |
 |
| I was typing up this blog and waiting for the pics to load as I turned to my right and saw this on my couch. She was watching Mickey on TV and fighting the monster that was Daylight Savings Time. 6:30 and she wants to crash! But isnt she pretty!? |
 |
| Staring past me at Daisy.. |
 |
| Seriously, Mom.....get outta my way! |
 |
| "If I give you a lil smile, will you move and stop taking pictures???" |
 |
"CHEEEEEESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
We are planning to try a new church, spend some time with Whitney's Papa, go see the lights and snow at Hollywood Studios, and watch my Clemson Tigers beat Eric's Florida State Seminoles this weekend. I am trying to take more pics the way I did last year, but Whitney is soooooo on the go that it's hard to catch her in action. Im sure I'll have more cuteness in the next few days as we visit the park and have another gym class and have a few playdates lined up. :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment