Sunday, May 26, 2013

Fevers, Pool Parties, and Fun with Friends!

Friday night, we thought Team Bass was all healed and ready for action! We were going to eat done burgers and head to Magic Kingdom to enjoy the Monstrous Celebration with the parks being open 24 hrs. 
That is....until this happened. Another fever and some pukage. No fun for anyone. So we hung out at home and prayed he'd be 100% in the morning. 
The next day he woke at 5:30am, as he had gone to sleep by 5:30 pm the night before. It was still dark out, and knowing I had signed up for a 9am kickboxing class, Eric graciously tended to the eay morning wake up. Within one minute I k we something wasn't right. Grady was still whining "babaaa" when Eric had already gone in the quiet, dark room with the bottle hoping to give it to him in the rocking chair and get him back in his crib for another hour or two. Realizing he was going to wake himself up completely, I went over to his room to help. Grady lunged towards me, put his head on my shoulder, and said, "Mama.."  He just wanted his Mama. 
This might not be a blogworthy note for many moms, but when your 13 month old would gladly go home with any friendly waitress or cashier or mall shopper, it means a lot when he actually ONLY wants you. :)
The rest of the day was spent, just the four if us, in the pool and watching movies on the playroom floor. The best!
We had every intention of going to church this morning, but for some inexplicable reason, Whitney had night terrors accompanied by a 104 fever at 4 o'clock this morning. Tylenol brought the fever down in about two hours and the Bug woke up sunshiny and happy, but in an effort to save our church and our own kids from further illness, we opted to stay home and then run some errands before our afternoon of fun with friends!
We had the O Family over for some hot dogs and junk food and swimming fun! I made a Pinterest recipe called "crack bread" and it was amazing! Highly recommend as it only took five minutes to assemble and 25 minutes on 350 in the oven. 
Crack Bread
Preheat oven to 350. 
Cut sourdough loaf horizontally and vertically without cutting through the bottom of the loaf. 
Into each crevice, place sliced cheddar cheese (8-12 slices), crumbled bacon (I used microwave bacon but the recipe called for bacon bits). When all cracks are filled with cheese and bacon, pour 1 tbsp ranch dressing combined with 1/2 cup of melted butter over the entire loaf. Wrap in tin foil and bake for 15 mins. Uncover and bake another 10 mins. Amazing. Aaaahhhmazing. And totally negates the kickboxing class that kicked my butt Saturday morning. 
We all ate and splashed and had fun! 
And enjoyed the 82 degree pool and gorgeous watcher!! How cute are these two babies?!
We had a other great weekend and look forward to Eric having another day off tomorrow! 










1 comment:

Language Arts Lady said...

That bread looks amazing, wow. I was going to head to Magic Kingdom, too, but decided it was too hot to be comfortable. I've heard it was insanely crowded, so I don't think I minded missing out. Sorry Grady is still feeling off... I hope he gets well soon!!

Post a Comment