Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Grady Moment and Post Cards

Lots to write about after some more fevers, a fun pool weekend, and the birthday of the world's most amazing daddy. 
But before I forget, I wanted to make note. 
Tonight we went to a BBQ for some cousins who are in town from Tennessee. Whitney and Eric ate outside while I fed Grady inside. After flirting with some family members for a whole, Grady glanced out the door and saw his sister playing in the deck. He instantly smiled, sweetly said, "Bug!", waved to her, and.....wait for it...... blew her a kiss!
Definitely a top five mommy moment of the year so far. He looooves his sister so much and it was so cute to catch that moment. Love him. 
And then this girl melts my heart. My mom sent Whitney a thank you note for the Mothers Day gift Whitney and I made her. I mentioned to my mom that Whitney was sooooo excited to get mail in the mailbox. My mom then sent Whitney a few post cards from their trip to Boston last week. Whitney looked at the pretty pics on the front but spent a good, solid ten minutes staring and studying my mom's hand written note on the back. It's just proof that you can spend a fortune on a kid, but the things that really make them feel loved and special aren't pricey gifts at all. Our girl loved seeing her own name in her Mac's handwriting. A post card and a $.46 stamp. Simple enough 
I'll be back with real camera pics and the weekend fun :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment