I wanted to bring her a balloon or flowers. I wanted to take "Last Day of School" pics to compare with her August pics. I wanted her to have a special lunch. Eh. I brought gifts for her teachers. I took quick pics after school but she was tired from Water Day and Grady wasn't diggin it. And I threw a juice box in her lunch box instead if her typical water bottle. That's as exciting as things got around here, thanks to the never-ending, drug-resistant ear infection that has the Meatball down for the count.
Some pics to commemorate the last day of preschool and the last few days in our quarantine:
Grady had many moments like this:
But then would perk up long enough to dance to the Thomas theme song or chase down a toy belonging to his sister.
He even perked up long enough to climb up in the chair and eat some goldfish while I was turning over some laundry for 43 seconds.
He was in the zone. Eating goldfish, watching Nemo, and burning up with a fever.
And I'm only blogging this because I'm a rebel and I love to live on the edge of danger, wondering when CPS will knock on my door to investigate child endangerment or neglect. Sigh.
See, I decided I needed to go through all the kids' baby clothes. So I was in the garage putting together boxes and labeling them "girl clothes: donate" "girl clothes: sell" "boy clothes: sell" etc. I had put together two giant boxes, knew Grady was an arms-length away from me playing with a toy in the garage. I judged it and decided I had enough time to run the big boxes into the dining room really quickly while he was occupied nicely.
I judged wrong. As I dropped the boxes on the dining room floor, I caught a glimpse of this out our front window:
The stinker had taken the 4 seconds of unsupervised freedom and made a dash for the road. Terrifying. A) I was literally out if his sight for 4 seconds. B) he sonehow managed to grab a dog bone from the box. C) our driveway is at an incline so I have no idea how he didn't fall and bust his teeth out if his head as he was running. And D) lesson learned. Yikes.
And as I went through the bins of clothes, I uncovered all the personalized shirts and dresses I've made the kids.
Are any other Whitney and Grady mins out there?? I tell myself that I will someday have the time to make these into some quilts for them, but A) spare time is laughable at this stage in our lives. And B) will they really WANT a quilt made of tees with their name all over it? Debate able.
So now that we are in the middle of Day Seven with fever/cough/ear pain, the sweet cuddly sick baby is doing less cuddling and more angry swiping at me while screaming as if to say, "I'm DONE cuddling! I want HEALING!! Fix this sh@:t!" I can't blame him. I'm over it, too, and I'm not even the one in pain. :(
He has moments (5-6 minutes) of happiness, usually brought on by his awesome big sister:
But quickly returns to sick and sad boy pose.
Holding his ears and whining and crying. It's miserable for everyone.
And because I have been dealing with a sick baby boy, and because I thought I had another week and weekend before the last day of school, I had to rally to organize the teacher gift from Whitney and her classmates. Thanks to Pinterest, I think their amazing teachers will enjoy their mani/pedi gift card, Starbucks, book store, and frozen yogurt gift cards, and all the pinteresting goodies I put in their baskets :)
The towel was going to be monogrammed but the sick baby prevented that. We gave:
Sunglasses- Thank you for giving us bright futures!
Nail polish- thank you for helping us sparkle!
Mani pedi gift card: thank you for polishing our manners!
Starbucks gift card- thanks a latte!
FroYo gift card- thanks for being so cool!
Reese's pieces- we ❤ you to pieces!
$100 grand bars- you're worth $100 million!
Milky Way- there are no better teachers in the entire Milky Way!
Book Store gift card- Whoooo doesn't live new books?!
A magazine
A straw cup
Sunscreen- thank you for protecting us and keeping us safe!
And smarties and sharpie markers- thank you for making us sharpies and smarties!
It was fun putting it all together and I was thrilled when the entire class agreed to participate!
Grady and I also made a stop at the pet store to get a new dog toy for Ms. Lori's new Great Dane! Grady loved the fish and the cats, and we bought laughed at the mice for a while.
And then it was time to go pick Whitney up from her last day of school. This pic seems like last week!
Bailey (who walked into the garage door four times before giving up and laying down) helped me prepare to kick off Summer!
So I got a few cell phone pics before both kids were over it and the skies threatened to unleash on us.
After a good thunderstorm and dinner, Eric and Whitney had a fun water fight while Grady was swinging and I indulged in a glass of wine. Isn't that how Summer is supposed to begin??
And with foggy, yucky weather this morning, I was super excited when Whitney agreed to watch Monsters Inc for the 7000th time in our bed.
Tired of being trapped inside and feeling bad for a crummy start to our Summer, I grabbed a Pinterest idea and Whitney and I got down to business building with toothpicks and marshmallows!
This was at least an hour of fun for both of us while Grady napped!
I'm hoping to be done with ear infections soon, and look forward to following another Pinterest plan to help us keep the summer fun while staving off the boredom.
Looking forward to a loose version if:
Make it Mondays- playdoh, paint, crafts
Take a Trip Tuesdays- Disney, zoo, park, play dates
Wet Wednesday- pool time! Beach if I'm brave
Think about it Thursday- pick a topic and research it in books and on the Internet
Friend Friday- play dates!!!
I work beat on a schedule, and we will have her ballet class and Grady's gym class to work with, but I think it will be fun to have a back up plan to follow each day when things get lazy or stale or boring. We have a lot of out of town visitors and beach/Disney fun throughout the Summer, too!



























No comments:
Post a Comment