Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Good News!!!! (and an unexpected vent..sorry bout that)

Just got word that Eric can work from Florida next week...NO MORE TRAVELING TO TEXAS!!!! :) And they promised us we dont have to move there (or anywhere) for a while (until the housing market here figures itself out). YEAH!! So, he comes home on Friday and NO MORE trips to the airport twice a week! YEAH!!

No word re: today's ultrasound. D, our coordinator at the agency, leaves a LOT to be desired in the communication department. She's been doing this for 30 years and she allegedly knows allll the rules and laws and how to work the system without being unethical or immoral. She is THE person for this job. But she can NOT return a phone call or email. ever. We have to hunt her down. And when we finalllllly reach her, she acts like we are idiots and has a "tone" in her voice like we are bugging her. One day, I want to remind her that SHE works for US and that OUR MONEY pays HER bills. But for now, I think no one has ever given her that feedback. BEFORE the adoption is complete, we dont want to "rock the boat" or do anything to get on her bad side. AFTER the adoption is over, we are on cloud 9 and dont take 2 seconds to think about the unreturned emails and phone calls. We are just so excited to finalllly be holding our baby that we forget all the crap it took to get her/him here. In my head, I have cursed her out one more than one occasion.
I am hoping to hear something by the end of the day on Friday. I THOUGHT they would be using today's ultrasound to determine a c-section date, but I would hope D wouldnt wait to tell us that kind of MAJOR information if she had it.

Speaking of withholding information....I am a little concerned that our messages may not be relayed to T and L in a timely manner, if at all. That makes me wonder if T and L have been sending messages to us that we havent been getting because our agency lacks communications skills. I know I may just be overanalyzing and thinking too much...but I just cant help but wonder. There have been several occasions where D has said things like "i forgot to ask her that..." and "i asked her coordinator to ask her your questions, but I am not sure she got the message since she was out of the office" (3 days after the request...). And my favorite is when D will tell us the answers to ONE of the THREE questions we had for T or L, but fails to mention the answers to the other TWO questions we had. And then, when we re-ask the two questions she failed to asnwer, she acts like WE are idiots who repeat themselves. GRrrrrrr...

Sorry this turned into a little vent. I am excited for today's good news, and I KNOW we'll get the news EVENTUALLY! When I have Eric home, I wont have so much time to sit around and THINK and WONDER and ANALYZE so often :)

So that's the latest. i will keep you posted on any new, exciting developments. :)

2 comments:

bethaidan said...

How exciting that Eric will be home for good!!!!

I know that you are frustrated with the adoption agency, but just try to stay focused on counting the days until your baby is in your arms!!!

Melba said...

Good news about Eric's job, that is great!

I can certainly understand your frustrations about the lack of communication from your CW...especially considering she is in the middle of you and your future.

That's a tough spot in which to be because I totally get that you don't want to rock the boat at all, but I also feel like she needs to be told how stressful her poor communication is. GAH!

Melba

Post a Comment