Most of you know the scare/concern that my doctor gave me on Friday. (cantaloupe sized cyst, talks of surgery, and not being able to save my only ovary, etc)....here is the latest. :)
My doc's nurse just called and said my doc wants to aspirate the cyst and do another hysteroscopy in his operating room (not the hospital) and he is NOT going to open me up!! NO MAJOR SURGERY and NO WAY I can wake up without an ovary! He physically can NOT remove my ovary in this procedure! (as far as i know) YEAH!
So, he is thrilled that I am "open" to this idea and really wants to "get in there and look around" to make sure there is nothing else (blocked tube, polyp, etc) that is preventing us from getting pregnant. He did this the last time he aspirated a cyst, back in the early Fall, and actually found a polyp in my uterus that he said "would most definitely prevented an embryo from implanting". So.....I am excited to rule other things out (again).
Ugh, i am sooooooo happy and relieved. I am still frustrated with this whole "hurry up and wait" fertility process, but at least I know, with ONE ovary, we are still very much in the running for parenthood.
THANKS for your prayers and support...I havent been able to bring myself to talk to God lately..........so it was YOU who made this happen!
I am not sure when it will be yet, but I am hoping SOON! Wednesday would be ideal. I am on "light activity, preferably bed rest" between now and the procedure. Doc doesnt want me twisting my ovary or popping the cyst before he can get in there to do it gracefully. :)I will keep you posted! THanks again!
2 comments:
Oh, thank God! I am super relieved for you. :O)
I have no funny comments this evening, but I miss home!!!!
I'm so happy for you, hun. That's fantastic news, and the news I've been praying for all weekend!
Post a Comment