The cyst aspiration went well (was smaller than expected, thanks to BCP) and the hysteroscopy gave us some new info and positive info. :)
Doc found several adhesions and "polypoids" (not polyps) in my uterus and removed them. He also did a biopsy of the lining and will get results on that in a few days.
I dont remember much from afterwards, but I know the doc talked with us (me and mom) for a while. My mom wrote notes after he left because I knew I wouldnt remember. :)
He said "I love this girl...she will do ANYTHING I ask her to, and she does her own research and is really dedicated...she is my favorite kind of patient!" That was nice to hear because sometimes I think doctors' heads get so big and full of themselves, and I hesitate to ask questions. He loved that I came to him and ask to run more tests, and is interested in hearing the results. Eric and I have to go give blood early next week. Then it will be sent to Boston for analysis and we will get the results in a few weeks. (The only labs that do these tests are in Boston, LA, and Chicago!) IF the test comes back positive for LAD (leukocyte something or other), then I would have to get treatment in another country since the FDA has not approved the necessary medications. I know someone who dealt with this, and she went to Mexico to get the meds and now has a beautiful baby girl. And my doc sounded like he would be willing to work with us if this is the case.
Some other notable comments from the doc: I have young eggs (who knew!?!). My cysts dont damage my ovary! My tube looks good and is open! He can surely get us pregnant, we just need patience! He wants us to do one more IUI and then go back to IVF if necessary (but not a normal IVF...he has tricks up his sleeve). I need to finish BCPs (about 4 more days), then get a period, and we will do something soon. I need to take 2 HCG (trigger) shots. I am a "very rare, special case that he has never encountered" nor does he know anyone who has encountered cysts like mine. (nice)
So, it went well. He removed the things that were physically preventing us from getting pregnant, and we are looking into the bloodwork to determine if there is something genetic that is preventing us from getting pregnant, and he seems to be as dedicated to Baby Bass as we are! :)
THANKS for your thoughts, prayers, concerns, and support! I really appreciate it!
4 comments:
Nothing funny today, just very very very happy for you and this great news!!!! I knew it would work out, and I am so glad this doctor finally listens to you!
Kat, I am so happy for you! This is all fantastic news! I have a friend who just recently went to Mexico for an IF treatment that is not approved here...we'll see in the next few months what happens for her. I am just so happy to hear you have such a wonderful doctor and to "see" such positive things from you and for you! Love you girlie!
I'm so jealous of your YOUNG eggies!! Mine are old!! That is such great news. I just know that this is your year for a baby!! Keep up that amazing positive atitude!
Good to hear this Kathleen! Best wishes for future cycles!!
Post a Comment