Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Nothing to report...still :)

So, I am still boring here :) Nothing to report. I am not sure when/if I will test. I dont want to get excited or get my hopes up and then be let down...so I am just gonna wait it out for a while I think. I am busy enough right now that I have my mind on other things, so that helps....this weekend when I am sitting around, I am sure I will have the urge to pee on a stick. :)

I go to the eye doc tomorrow (my vision crossed and blurred again...last time it was due to "stress" (imagine that), but this time I dont have any more stress than "normal). SO I have to see what that's all about and make sure its not a tumor :)

I go back to the chiro on Friday. Funny story. I went a few weeks ago to see if they could help my "i was putting my sock on and hurt my back" problem. They took xrays, made me wait a week to find out what was up, then sat me down and told me it would be $3000+ and a year of treatments before I would be back to "normal" again. I left and didnt look back.
Two days ago the receptionist called and said "we havent seen you make any appointments and wondered what path you decided to take to help your back" and I told her that I felt that, while my insurance would cover my treatments, the price was too high and the length of time was ridiculous considering I just needed my lower back fixed from a strain or pull that happened putting a sock on. It wasnt like I fell on it or broke it. The xrays showed nothing major, etc. So she said "ok, thank you." and that was it. THEN, at 8pm that night, the DOCTOR called me himself. He said "she told me that you didnt feel like we could really help the lower back problem." and I told him that I left there not really knowing WHY my back hurt in the first place. The xrays and in-depth discussions I had with the nurse didnt tell me WHAT they planned to do to help my pain go away permanently. He said "well, you have two degenrated disks in you lower back and they wont fix themselves". I said "no one told me that when I was there...???" He was surprised and said I needed to get them fixed, even if it wasnt with him. I am going to go see him on Friday to look at the xrays he has and see what he is talking about and find out WHY no one mentioned that when i was there. ??? He also said "arent you struggling with infertility?" (does EVERYONE know??) and i said yes. He said .... "well, if we can get your back fixed, i bet it would help your fertility...." sooooooo, i thought, what the heck. Give this guy another shot. He is new to the area and willing to call me himself...i should give him a second chance.

So...other than needing new body parts (eye balls, back bones, ovaries, etc), I am doing pretty good :) Eric has some potentially exciting stuff happening at work, so keep that in your prayers if you get a chance :) The business is doing MUCH better and things are generally working out....if I can get healthy and STAY healthy, I would have NOTHING to complain about :)

Thanks for all the prayers and support :) I promise to post if I take a test, but dont expect one before Friday or Saturday. :)

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Your blog makes me giggle...new eye balls, back, ovaries. - Ha! You are too much...thanks for the giggle - and I'm pulling for you this cycle!! Love ya!

The Rudi-Twins said...

I think God made us from used parts...thoughts? ;0)

KSB said...

Carrie...glad I can make you giggle :)

Summer...that made me spit my ice cream out :) HAHA Hope you are enjoying TN! COME HOME SOON! I MISS YOU!

Post a Comment