Right now, I am not sure which "issue" to deal with....eric's promotion, my lack of response from Legacy, the fertility news, or my dad's garbage.
HEre's where they all stand right now:
Eric's promo:
Eric's boss, Darren just called the lady who is doing the hiring. Their convo lead Darren to say to Eric "doesn't look like it'll be today" or something like that. It could mean that they are offering it to someone else, and Eric wont hear today because he isnt the one getting the offer. Or it could mean they are yet again taking their sweet time, and proves my theory that they do not understand the concept of "we are planning to make a decision by Friday"... Or it could mean they have to talk to HR to come up with an offer/deal.
ugh...another weekend of waiting for THAT.
Legacy Academy:
I called them AGAIN today. The lady who does the hiring answered. She said they had been in a teleconference all day (which explains why she didn't call me back yet TODAY, but what about Monday's and Wednesday's phone calls???) and she planned to call me back today. whatev. She said they have 3 more interviews next week, and they plan to ask for 2nd interviews the week of the 7th. She said they will call me that week if the owner wants to interview me. I wish she had told me that on Monday so I would have written them off and found something new. I cant waste 3 more weeks waiting, with no pay check. makes me mad. she could have told me that on Monday. So...Monday begins my in-depth search for any type of job I can get hired for...I cant be picky. If Eric gets the promotion, we can afford for me to wait for the PERFECT job to come along. But if he doesnt, we need my paycheck as soon as possible.
fertility:
too draining to even THINK about it right now...might deal with this one on another day. Got a phone call today that my results came back negative for LAD. I thought this was good news. I thought wrong. Apparently, we should have been hoping for a positive result, indicating that I had plenty of white blood cells. Negative means I have a low percentage of white blood cells (i think...i am still shady on this, so I will research and get back to you). The kicker is, the treatment for LAD is called LIT or Leukocyte Immunization Treatment (or Therapy). It involves me receiving injections of Eric's white blood cells, in order to increase my supply and support a pregnancy. Why is this a problem? Because this treatment is apparently so controversial, that it is not approved by the FDA, and thus, not allowed to be performed in the good ol U.S. of A. nice, right?
So..our fertility journey will be leading us to Mexico, Canada, or Europe to get a Baby Bass. I refuse to give up, so we WILL do it. But I would imagine our insurance wont cover the treatments, and without my paycheck right now, this is just going to have to go to the back burner for quite some time.
Mom and Dad:
i am so done with them. and still not convinced that he didn't call Legacy. He is sinking to new lows on a daily basis. I wont go into too much detail, but just mark my words: I will no longer be having any communication or relationship with the people who are responsible for my very existence. They are impossible to please and not even fun to be around. I am happy that I am learning this now, when I am old enough to understand, mature enough to see their behavior for what it is, and there arent any grandchildren to be dragged through some vicious war.
Thank you to Mandy and Kathy for letting me be sad and upset and angry and bitter and just plain down. And thank you to Summer for trying her very best to pick me up, despite my insistance that I WILL be DOWN! :) I get to be down for a little while. I have been "strong" and "faithful" and "determined" for a long time now. 2008 has sucked from day one...yes, I have a great husband, a great dog, and a great house. That's great! I will try to remember that as I am continuously being kicked while I am down. I appreciate your effort, and I will remember it when I am looking back on this someday and saying "wow...i was really DOWN back then!" I just need a day or two (or 5) to be bitter about the current state of affairs.
ugh
2 comments:
Ugh, Ugh and more Ugh...I am so sorry for all this crap. I would be pretty bitter too. Big hugs, and I hope to see you when you come to Mexico!!! :)
Awww...Kathleen, I am so sorry! Sounds like a lot on your plate right now! (((HUGS)))
Post a Comment