Whitney melted my heart even more than usual :) She was going through one of her book bins, grabbing books, studying the covers, walking them to me, handing them to me with a smile from ear to ear, and then backing into my lap to sit for a story. She clapped at the end, got up and repeated the steps over and over and over....and over. I think we had a pile of 15 books before she decided her baby dolls needed to be fed :) She also surprised me with her new trick...stacking her pink rings :) I have to give them to her in order, but she easily places them on the stack without hesitation now. Its so cool to see her learn new things all the time!
Going through her book bin...
...this looks like a good one to try next!
She would sit and study the pages before letting me turn the page :) VERY serious business!
THIS looks like a good book to read to my friends :)
A new favorite book. She can point to "banana", "dog", "cat", "duck", "book", "baby", "ball", "cow"...and a few others. She claps when she gets it right :)
Just some of the books we read :)
One ring....
Two rings....
...next ring....TA DA!!
She brought the next ring on a field trip to feed her babies...
Awww...nice girl :)
After a fun day with me, Whitney had a few fun visitors!
Mac and Gramps stopped by for a playdate :)...
...and so did Aunt D! Whitney LOOOVES when Aunt Danielle visits! :) (And I do, too!)
She ate her whole lunch with her sunglasses on....she's too cool, huh?
On Saturday we headed to EPCOT with our neighbors, where Whitney enjoyed new sunglasses and some time "reading" the three maps a nice cast member gave her :) Whitney and I were both happy when she snuggled into my arms and snoozed while the twins had their bottles in a nice shady spot, great for people-watching :)
Ready for Disney!
Pat! Pat! Pat! on Daddy's head :)
This nice cast member fell in love with Whitney, so she gave her three maps :) Whitney carried them around like she was a regular tourist, scouting out new place to go and shows to see :)
...like she owns the joint...
Snuggles with my baby in her blanket from her Grandma Debbie :)
SOOO snuggly!
Not quite awake yet...
....She is sooo much fun! :)
Her new sunglasses! She keeps her sunglasses on as long as we let her, so we've been snagging shades to match her outfits...almost as much fun as her bo collection!
Her love for Donald MIGHT be surpassing her obsession with Minnie!
She wouldnt take her eyes off him!
Laughing at Mommy....
Sunday was a wonderful day! We went back to our "old" church and felt right at home again. I had a very proud mommy moment when I went to say "hi" to our friend Dallas and her daughter, Faith in the toddler room. I didnt intend to leave Whitney in the nursery since she's never been in there before and I didnt know any of the workers that day, but Whitney LOOVED being in there! She was happy to play and "talk" with the other kids! She rocked in a rocking chair next to another little girl, brought toys to a little boy, and really loved all the cars and trucks available to play with! Since she was loving it so much, I decided to see if she would let me leave without a fuss. Sure enough, the kid didnt even bat an eyelash! I was half proud, half SAD! I am so proud that my little girl is confident that I will come back, and that she was having fun in a new place with new faces. But I was a little sad that she really didnt care that I was leaving her!
She got a great "report" after the service (and I got to hear the WHOLE sermon!!!), and gave a sad little cry when she saw me walk back in the room, as if to say "Hey! I didnt even notice you were gone, but Im soooo glad youre back to get me!"
After church, we went to lunch with Dallas, Dave, and the kids, and then went to Eric's cousin's kid's 3rd birthday. Somehow my camera barely came out of the diaper bag, so there arent any pics of the day, but it really was such a great day!
Another great weekend for the books! :)
2 comments:
She is soooo cute! Just today my baby girl was wearing that Car.ters pink & red onesie :-)
Where do you get W's bows???? They are adorable!
Morning Kathleen,
I had lost your blog address and haven't visited for quite awhile because of it. Jimmy somehow found it for me. So I was so glad!!
Have been meaning to ask Dallas and kept forgetting.
Anyway, loved your post about Epcot,
such adorable pics. You guys don't look too happy or anything!! lol
The one with you and her sitting on the ground when you are looking
toward the camera is beautiful, and I love the one of her, Eric and Donald Duck. So cute, great pic of Eric too.
Now that I have been blogging I know how to become a follower, course, you have changed your blog so it is much easier. So I will join now and it will come up on my dashboard everyday.
The videos with her laughing made me laugh so hard. I always loved when my kids did that too. They will get to laughing so hard it just makes you split your sides laughing too! So precious!!
So happy for you guys.
and we were soooooooo happy to see you guys back on Sunday. Does that mean you've decided to just come back permanently??? I sure hope so!! We have missed you guys!!
Have a great day honey,
Love ya, Nellie
Post a Comment