Friday, April 9, 2010

Taking a Dip

Yesterday was another one of those "I cant believe this is really my life, and that I am really THIS blessed" kinda days. :) Whitney and I enjoyed a play date with my friend Jessica and two of her 4.5 kids (Sophia is due in July :)) Whitney LOOOOVES when she gets to play with "big kids", and Alyssa and Logan are 3 and 4, so they fit the description and did their job well. :) They all share a love for Mickey Mouse, so Whitney's new Minnie DVD was a hit when they were done with the blocks, balls, shopping cart, and dolls. :)

It was such a gorgeous evening so we decided to hang on the back porch and let Whitney run around a bit before bedtime. She tried out her ride-on toy, and had a deep conversation with her Daddy...enjoyed a beverage in her new chair....and then decided it was definitely time for a quick pre-bath, pre-bedtime dip in the pool with Daddy.



She thought it was SOOOO cool that she could get out of the pool all by herself, and she loved splashing on the steps. The water was 72* at 6pm, so it was MUCH warmer than last week. She probably couldve stayed in all night!

"Ooooh...I could get used to THIS!"

"I think I can....I think I can.....I think.."
"....I can...I think I can.......I think I can........"
"I KNEW I COULD!!!"


"Splish, Splash, Daddy!!"

"Kick! Kick! Kick! Kick!" (she was trying to say it with us...tooo cute!)

"I did it, Mommy!!"

FEARLESS. She wanted to dive in, head first.

"I can jump in by MYSELF, Daddy! Watch!!!"

"Well...maybe this does work better for both of us..."

"Im getting tired, but Im having too much fun to stop now!"

"Hi, Mommy! Wanna come swimmin' with me?!"

"Oh Daddy...I dont wanna stop swimming yet!! PLEEEAAASSE!!"

Love these two :)

a bath and bedtime were calling her name, despite her best efforts to hide it. :)


No big plans for the weekend...just hoping for some more pool time as a family, and some time with friends and family! :)

3 comments:

KLTTX said...

Too cute. 72 degrees is too cold for me though. We wait until our pool is up to at least 80 before we even think about getting in. My 6 year old is begging to get in but the temp right now is still in the 60's.

Mandy said...

Uh oh - looks like she has a bit of Brooklyn courage in her :) She's so darn cute :)

Anonymous said...

OMG! SO CUTE! And I am so behind on your blog! I never thought of trying to access it here at school since so many things are blocked! :) Yeah, while the kids are doing their yearly tests I can read blogs! :) I can be a blogstalker again! :)

Kaden is obsessed with all things Mickey so he should hit it off with Ms. Whitney! He is also a daredevil and the pic of her about to jump in "alone" is so him!

Randi

Post a Comment