Thursday, April 1, 2010

Whitney is ELEVEN Months! (and has been for over a week!)

(not sure how this got by me, but Whitney's 11 month update is 12 days late :( Im so disappointed that I am late on this, but thankfully I write most milestones down in a hand-written journal I am keeping for Whitney.Gotta post this so I have it updated and easily accessible for my records and our updates to Whitney's birthfamily.)

Height: 26.5 inches at 10 months...im thinking 27-28 inches this month?
Weight: 23 lbs...probably hasnt changed much in the last month
Sizes: diapers - 3 (4 at night), shoes- 4, clothes- some 12 months, mostly 18 months
Major Milestones this month: Using more words and communicating more.

Our Daily Schedule:
Daylight savings time is for the freakin' birds. Clearly devised by some person who did not care for a toddler, this whole "spring forward" thing has thrown us for a loop. At first I thought it would take just a few days/nights to get her back on track...then I thought perhaps a week would do it....now? We're done trying.
Plus, learning how to run makes the world soooo interesting, that Whitney has decided that one nap will suffice most days. She boycotted her 10-12pm nap for several days in a row, so we tried laying her down around 11:30am. That worked for a while, and I could get a solid 2 hour nap from her and still have a happy baby until bedtime. I am writing this more than a week after her 11 month "birthday", but she was sick recently, which also messed with our fabulous routine.
So...we're just hoping for this month to find her healthy...and if we get some semblance of a napping routine down, that would just be icing on her birthday cake.


Activity:
She runs everywhere. EVERY. WHERE. She climbs on anything. ANY.thing. She is pretty fearless and unstoppable, but is willing to TRY to hold our hands now, which is an improvement over last month. I will let her walk almost anywhere as long as she holds my hand when there are too many people (ie Disney, Walmart, etc). I think my favorite new trick of the month is "jumping". Sesame Street had some skit about jumping a few weeks ago, and Whitney thought I was SOOOO funny when i showed her how to jump. Little did I know she would copy me so well! She now "jumps" which is basically bending her knees and popping up as high as she can. I think she may have gotten one foot off the ground once, but its mostly just a cute little "pop" :) She also loves to do "SOOOO big!" and of course, dances everytime she hears any music...even commercials. I love that she claps for herself when the song goes off and she stops dancing. :)

Sleeping/Napping:
Did I mention Daylight Savings Time? Enough said.

Eating:
Whitney has 4 bottles a day (8am, 1pm, 5pm, 8pm) and is on 100% table food otherwise. She loooove broccoli, but we have to limit it since it causes her painful gas everytime she eats it. :( I hate limiting a veggie, especially her favorite, but the nighttime gas is killer. :( She loves cheese and cereal bars and cheerios, but would chow down some melon or banana over mac and cheese or chicken nuggets anyday. Green beans are some of her favorite snacks. :)

Personality:
Whitney cracks us up! She remembers things we mention one or two times, like the "bird" on top of the mirror at my mom's house. If you ask her "where's the bird?", she points to the top of the mirror where there is an iron eagle. She knows and can point to clocks, watches, rings, nose, eyes, ear, teeth, hair, bow (my fav), baby, bottle, Bailey, dog, elephant, shoes (she'll point to her feet if you ask her where do shoes go?), feet/toes, binky, hi, bye (we get waves for "hi" and "bye"), bear blanket (she hugs it and laughs when you ask her to find it), cup, Whitney's room, Whitney's turn, tubby/bath, button (she loves to find the buttons on Daddy's shirts), duck, sit up, sit on your bottom (critical in the tub!), come here, balloon, hug, nice (she says "nigh, nigh" when she hugs people because I always tell her "Youre such a nice girl!" so i think she's repeating "nice"), book, Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto, fan (ceiling fan), banana, gives high five, and points to what she wants, shakes her head at stuff she doesnt want, and my favorite: if you ask her "what does an elephant say?" she blows air up through her lips, towards her forehead, making the cutest elephant noise EVER. Video soon...promise.

Pictures:
Proof of her cuteness :)
Whitney, 4 days old:


Whitney, One Month Old:


Whitney, Two Months Old:


Whitney, Three Months Old:


Whitney, Four Months Old:


Whitney, Five Months Old:


Whitney, Six Months Old:


Whitney, Seven Months Old:


Whitney, Eight Months Old:


Whitney, Nine Months Old:


Whitney, Ten Months Old:


Whitney, Eleven Months Old:



Our Family, 5 days old:


Our Family, One Month Old:


Our Family, Two Months Old:


Our Family, Three Months Old:


Our Family, Four Months Old:


Our Family, Five Months Old:


Us, Six Months Old:


Us, Seven Months Old: (these monthly pics are getting more and more difficult as Whitney gets more and more mobile!)


Us, Eight Months Old: (yes, Im wearing the same thing as last month...we did this at the last second because I alllllmost forgot)


Our Family, Nine Months Old: (might be my favorite month so far)


Our Family, Ten Months


Our Family, Eleven Months


Cuteness from her 11th month:










I cant believe her birthday is 3 weeks away! ONE YEAR!? Already!?!!! Life is so great :)

No comments:

Post a Comment