Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Year Ago Today...

...we went to dinner with T and L. My relationship with T improved so much after that meal, and while it was EXTREEEEMELY stressful at the time, I am so grateful for the way God worked it all out. I remember being sooo worried that T had our phone number, but now, I cant imagine if that was the last time I ever spoke to her. While I still struggle with some mixed emotions about our relationship, I KNOW that it is WAAAY better than it would be if T, L, Eric, and I had "followed the rules" and not exchanged numbers a year ago today.

A week from today, Whitney will turn one year old. Our dining room table is filled with piles of pinkness and fun just waiting to happen :) My brother and aunt are flying in for the event, and we have over 60 RSVPs so far. I am so excited to celebrate Whitney's birthday with so many of the people who prayed and hoped and prayed some more for us to become a family.

And before I end up in tears, I will share some pics from the last several days :)

Some recent pool days:







3 comments:

Jacky said...

Oh so sweet!!! Is it just that pic or does her hair seem to be getting lighter?

Anonymous said...

Love it!! I am so happy, I and I remember a year ago when we were all tense, not as much as you and Eric, but tense nonetheless! We were sitting on pins and needles awaiting the arrival of Ms Whitney! So happy it all worked out and you all are truly living "happily ever after!"
Randi

Sha said...

Such a wonderful "Happily Ever After" story! I LOVE reading about Lil Miss Whitney, and the pictures...Oh goodness do we all LOVE to see those!

Post a Comment