Friday, May 29, 2009

Lots going on!

A few highlights and things to look forward to:
*Whitney had her 1 month appointment with Dr. B on Wednesday. Yes, she was 1 month and 6 days, but its close enough. She weighed a whopping 11lbs, 2 oz.! Eric says she needs to be on "Enfamil Lite"! And she grew 2 inches..now 21.5 inches long. She is in the 95th percentile for weight, and the 67th percentile for height. Her head is right in the 50th percentile. Our perfect lil (big!) peanut! :) She is outgrowing some of her newborn clothes. Carter's clothes seem to run longer and she is still able to wear most of those. But the "Child of Mine" clothes are goners. :( In a pile for hand-me-downs.

* Eric's birthday was yesterday! We woke up and ran around getting the house ready for our first post-placement visit from the agency. Things went really well, and Whitney even rolled over right before the agency rep arrived! Eric got to see her roll for the first time! YEAH! It was like her own little "happy birthday, daddy!" celebration :)

*The visit went well...looks like finalization (a formality where we get her new birth certificate) will be scheduled for 7/29. We are planning to schedule her dedication at church for the same week. Then, we'll likely have just immedaite family over for lunch afterwards. We love throwing big parties at our house, but we are wiped OUT from the craziness of the last few weeks! "Low key and cheap" is our new motto! (Classy, right?!)

* My dad made Eric's favorite ribs last night to celebrate the birthday boy's big day. They were GOOD and we have leftovers for today! YUM! While we were over at my parents' house, Whitney rolled over for Gramma to see! Such a lil show-off! :)

* Yesterday, after the home visit, we brought Whitney to Eric's office for everyone to meet her. It was fun to show her off and let everyone "oooh" and "ahhh" over her teeny toys and long fingers and full head of hair. :) She, of course, wore a dress with fish on it :) I didnt get to take a picture because I kept saying "i'll take one later...i'll take it later"...and then "later" never came.

* Whitney has been cooooing and ooohing and aaaahing at us more and more in the last few days. She smiles and lights up when we make funny noises with our mouths. This morning, I was reading her ABC book that Katie-Bug gave her, and she LIT UP when we got to the "M is for MOUTH" page! Its a pic of a little boy, his head about as big as hers, with his mouth WIDE open. She LOVES that page! I kept turning back to it and she would smile every time! There are other pics of babies/kids in the book, but she particularly loved the little "M Boy". :)

* Today, Annie and her daughter Elsa are coming down from Jax to visit. We havent seen each other in YEARS, so it will be fun to catch up and share mommy stories. I am really looking forward to hearing everything I have missed over the past few years! Annie is such a great person with a HUGE heart and a fantastic sense of humor. She had a difficult pregnancy/delivery with Elsa, and she may be looking into adopting their next child. Right now she is going to law school, being a mommy, being a wife, and somehow, she even finds time to workout. phew. I'm sure we'll take pics of the girls :)

* I have this loooong post in my head that starts to come out at about 3am when I am feeding Whitney in her rocking chair. I know what I want to say and I know some people wont want to hear it, so I am trying to tread lightly, while still getting my point across. Its all about open adoption. OUR "open" adoption. See, i dont even like putting it in quotes. The state of Florida doesnt recognize open adoptions, so ours is technically closed. But some choices have been made and after a lot of prayer and thought, we are moving forward in a way that we "never" thought we would be comfortable. Like I said...its all in my head, not quite ready to be "out there" yet. But I'm workin' on it. And dont worry...its ALLLLL good :)

*Whitney has been eating 5oz every 4 hrs, on average. The last two nights, she has slept for 5 hours, then ate a bottle, then went back to sleep for another 4 hours. This morning she slept from 3:30 to 8:45. 5.25 hours. Before that, she had slept for 3.75 hours. That is ALMOST 9 hours of interrupted sleep, folks. It feels GOOOD! :)

ANd the few pictures you are getting this post..my dad and Whitney, chatting it up last night during the Magic game. (disregard the half nekkid baby...her dress was too hot on the porch, so she went "Florida style" with just a diaper...but I couldnt quite go THAT far, so she at least had to have her lil bloomers on. :)



***(edited since I first started writing this post!)***
Some pics from Annie and Elsa's visit:





Some cuteness:


3 comments:

Katie said...

Whitney is getting so big! Look at those precious smiles! It seems like just yesterday she was a teeny, tiny helpless little newborn and now she's rolling around and cooing :-) You are so blessed, She's adorable, as always!

bethaidan said...

She just gets cuter and cuter every day!!!!

Erin said...

Aww! I love her smile!

Post a Comment