Sunday, April 24, 2011

Stinkerbelle

Before I forget:

* Eric: Whitney, Daddy asked you not to put your feet on the dinner table.  Go to timeout. (sets kitchen timer) You have two minutes in timeout.....
Whitney: (interrupting before Eric can explain why she's headed to the dreaded yellow chair) TWO minutes!??? (with pure exasperation in her tiny voice)
Eric: You're two now. Two minutes in time out.
Whitney: (happily) One. Two. Free. Fooour. Five. Six. Seben. Eight. Nine. Ten. Weben. Twelb. Firteen. Nineteen. HUNDRED!

We had to turn away, or risk laughing in her face and ruining the entire point of time out.

*Me: Whitney, are you a baby or a big girl? Big girls wear panties and babies wear diapers.
Whitney: I a baby.
Me: Ok, when are you going to wear panties and be a big girl?
Whitney: (thinking)....when I haf a wiggle sistuh.

Apparently she will be in diapers for the rest of her life.  A little sister isnt even on the radar! Poor kid. Gonna be awfully awkward wearing Elmo dipes to Clemson someday.

*Eric: Whitney, what does Buzz Lightyear say?
Whitney: To finty and 'yond!! (to infinity and beyond!)
Me: What does....the fairy godmother say?
Whitney: Bibby bobby booo!
Me: What does Jessie say?
Whitney: yeeeeehaaaaaaw!!
Eric: What does Cinderella say??
Whitney: Dweams come TWUE!!!

*Completely unprompted, Whitney started rocking her new baby in her new cradle while softly singing "Rockabye Baby".  I think I melted.

* Making Snow White dance around the playroom, she sang "Some day, pwince come! Some day, pwince come!" (Some day, my prince will come!)

*"I dont wike it, Mommy.  I dont wike Chicken Widdle.  Watch somefing else!"

* "Dis egg is empty.  Not somefin' in it. Siwwy Eastuh Bunny!"

And "pwess a button on da elgibator" is a new favorite :)

No comments:

Post a Comment