Then, later when I was retelling the news to Eric, Whitney was saying "Mommy has a boo-boo, Daddy." So Eric asked her, "Where is Mommy's boo-boo, Whitney?" and she said, "Cant find it. Ummm, in da miggle." ("In the middle"). I kiss it."
*Ask Whitney "Where is your noggin?" and she replies, "umm, in the miggle" and points to her head.
*"Sit wight heeyuh." (Sit right here) is a frequent
*"Whitney, what do you want for your birthday?"
"CAKE!" and now she started saying, "Pwesents!"
*"Whitney, when is your birthday?"
"Birthday coming up!"
"When is your birthday?"
"Apwil twentyfuuuwsty" (April 21st-y)
"And how old will you be on April 21st?"
"TWO!"
(It is always repeated in this order and she ALWAYS adds the 'y' to the end of "21st" and answers with "Birthday coming up!" the first time we ask....every time.)
*"Hey Whitney, whatcha doin' in there?"
"I pway pwincesses, Mommy. See? Cindawewwa and Snow White. Dey dancin'. See?"
(moves dolls around in the air)
*sees me headed to the laundry room with giant pile of dirty clothes:
"Mommy, WAIT! I wanna pway waundwey, too!" (Apparently I make laundry look fun enough to fall into the "play" category.)
*"Daddy, I pway ipad." Yes, she is one and knows how to work the ipad with amazing efficiency and speed. She's especially good at matching and recognizing beginning sounds, shapes, colors, and numbers. Monkey Lunchbox Preschool is her favorite app. "Pway monkey, Mommy."
"Wookameee!!" (Look at meeee!) shouted at full volume whenever she is up high, hiding, jumping, skipping, swinging, swimming, or doing something she shouldnt be.
*"(gasp!) Queen pways hide-a-seek." I laughed out loud when she said this today. We were watching Snow White and at one point the Evil Queen, disgusted at the thought of Snow White being "the fairest of them all", quickly clutches these big red curtains and whips them shut in front of her in anger. Whitney must've thought the Queen wanted to play hide-n-seek :)
*"Wook out! Car coming!!! Wook out! Car coming!!!!" (repeat 4592 times from the time we leave the front door til we reach the mailbox. that's out the front door, down the walk, to the driveway, across the sidewalk, into the street and across the road to the mailboxes, then retracing our steps (often while pushing her baby in a stroller....so not exactly with a quickness) back to the front door.) She says it the entire way and almost can NOT be distracted to discuss anything other than the potential for a car to come barrelling down our quiet suburban street at high rates of speed....."Wook out!! Car coming!!!!!!!!" She also tosses this one out as we drive in the car.....I'd be lying if I said I dont triple check the mirrors after she yells it out.
*"Mommy, cuddle on da couch." Lately Whitney has noticed that Mommy just might let her stay up later as long as she stays in my arms on the couch. Cuddles are few and far between lately, so if it means letting her stay up and watch some Belle or some Tinkerbelle on the couch, I will take it. I sorta knew she wasnt ready for bed yet one night, and Eric wasnt home yet anyway, so I offered to let her cuddle on the couch and THEN go to bed. Now, most nights and before most naps, she will gently look into my eyes and say "Mommy, cuddle on da couch" in the sweeeetest, most irresistable voice ever. It doesnt always work, but I appreciate her efforts.
*"Not bwoken. Gwamps fix it." Whitney says this EVERY time we walk into the garage and round the corner to get her in the back seat. She points to the spot where my car was hit (cough, ahem...by gramps...cough, cough) and then says "Not bwoken. Gwamps fix it." For the 48 hours the car WAS a bit smushed/crumpled, Whitney loved pointing out that it was "bwoken". Now that Gramps had it fixed, she likes reminding us of "the incident".
*"Pwitty. Pwitty, Mommy." I honestly have no clue where she got this from. Coulda been a movie or tv show? I have no idea. But I am diggin' it. She takes my face in both of her tiny hands and stares into my eyes and says, "Pwitty. Pwitty, Mommy." Of course, I asssssume she is saying "pretty" and not "pity". Your call.
*"Watch Whinnney!" said while climbing up on the couch to sit next to me as I was watchng old videos of Whitney on youtube. She LOOOOOOOOVES watching herself, and of course it neverrrr gets old for me. I miss those BABY days!
*"Siwwy, puppy. Puppy siwwy! Eeeek! Siwwwy!" and uproarious laughter.
We stopped in the puppy store at the mall today and one of the puppies was barking and jumping super high. Whitney thought that this was hilariously silly (siwwy).
*"Whitney, what is Daddy's name?" "Ewic."
"What is Mommy's name?" "Kafweeeeen."
"What is Grampa's name?" "RAY!!" (said JUST like my mom says it.)
"What is Mac's name?".....confused look....."ummm, Mac."
I sit here on the couch beggggging Eric to help me remember all the funny, ridiculous things our toddler has been saying recently, but alas, we are stumped. We both KNOW that she has said a lot more laugh-out-loud things recently, and we repeatedly tell ourselves "we'll remember it...how could we forget!?" but we never remember to write it down or remind each other later. Inevitably, she will say silly things tomorrow and I vow to get better about keeping track here. I think I have avoided blogging because I dont have NEARLY as many pics as I used to. I just printed 168 pics for her albums and an update for her birthfamily, and while a lot of them are from our recent trip, MOST of them are from Disney visits with friends and family. And while Disney trips do lend themselves nicely to some pretty cute photo opportunities, I dont want her to look back and think that she LIVED at the Magic Kingdom. We DO have a life outside Disney World :) I need to get better about blogging the cute things she says AND taking pictures of our everyday life more often. Heck, I used to take 670 pictures of her with Bailey before she could even sit up on her own!
Exhibit A
Exhibit B
Exhibit C
Ive really loved going back through the blogs I wrote over the past two-ish years. It has been fun to remember those things and those moments I thought I would surely never forget. (but did.) I also never realized how valuable my blog would be for my medical info. I blogged things here, during our IVF years, that I had completely forgotten or blocked out of my memory. Now, after more cysts and the recent diagnosis of not one, but TWO blood clotting disorders, I am realizing that I may have dodged a pretty big bullet (pulomary embolii are SCARY...not to mention DEADLY) and God might be telling me something. Since my blog was here as an almost day-by-day, word-for-word account of things my other doctors have said through the years, I am no longer second guessing my doctors' decisions. It all adds up. Almost. Ok, so maybe it doesnt add up or make sense, but at least we have NEW questions to ask and hopefully we will have NEW doctors on the case soon. (As soon as I can find the strength to explain, re-explain, and re-explain (again) my history over and over and over until I find a doc willing to dig deep enough to get us some answers. (PS If you know how to get rid of ovarian cysts WITHOUT using birth control pills or hormones, let me know....hematologists wont let me take BCP because of clotting, but as soon as you say "ovary" or "cyst", they want to stick their fingers in their ears and run.....yet, gynos dont seem to know any other way to get rid of cysts....and Ive had three medical professionals say, "Well, why dont you just take the ovary out if its that much trouble?" in the last 3 days. Umm, It may not be an arm or a leg, but Im sort of attached to my one remaining ovary, thankyouverymuch.)
So I got off track there a bit, but I wanted to give those friends on FB a clue about the medical stuff while also explaining why Ive been a bloggin' slacker once again. I dont have a whole lot of pics from the last week, but I'll leave you with these cuties since I know yall dont come here for the words :)
Aunt Juliet won all kinds of "Greatest Aunt" awards when she got TWO princess wands from Cinderella's Royal Table at the Magic Kingdom. Whitney had a blue one from our trip there for dinner last August, but it was broken in November or December (repeaired several times with super glue) and eventually thrown out. Whitney has NEVER forgotten her "bwue wand" and asked for it repeatedly. Aunt Juliet pulled her magical Disney strings and, with the help of some coworkers, was able to get these two fabulous wands for our princess. Award. Winning. Aunt.
Eric and I celebrated our sixth anniversary last weekend. Instead of exchanging the traditional anniversary gifts of "candy and iron", we decided to play cards and have a few drinks with our feet in the pool. Who needs candy or iron when you have Monopoly Deal, the sun, and a pool?! It was really nice to relax, just the two of us, even if it was only during Whitney's 2 hour nap.
So, Whitney has apparently been showing "all the signs" of potty-training readiness. I say "apparently" because I REFUSE to acknowledge these signs or the fact that she might be growing up. However, I had a friend recently mention how hard it is to find little girl panties in teeny tiny sizes, so when I saw a package of "2t" princess undies, I knew I had to snatch them up for future use. Whitney (despite the look on her face in this cell phone pic) was WAY excited to have Cinderella, Tiana (who's movie she's never seen, but somehow she recognizes..?), Sleeping Beauty (again...never seen, but she loves her....is it innate?!), and Snow White on her panties. She wore a pair of Snow Whites for about an hour without an accident but I bailed on the attempt when reality hit and I remembered I do NOT have ANY desire to find myself racing to alllllll the public potties in Disney/Target/Walmart/church/the mall/gym class/etc at the sounds of "Mommy, gotta go potty NOW!" in my near future. She might go to college in pampers.
Another cell phone shot. She was helping me make pizza the other night and having fun counting the pepperonis.
Bailey missed us while we were gone. A LOT. He was lovign some cuddles and pets from me and Whitney. Whitney loves to yell "High five, Bay! High five!" and "Feak, Bay! Feak!" (speak!)
And while I know I have included this pic here before, I just had to show it again since Eric and I agree it is our current fave. I took this on my cell phone while she was reading books on the floor in her room one day last month. She looks grown up, but we still see glimpses of baby Whitney in there, too. :) It currently sits as a 5x7 on our kitchen wall of pictures :)





1 comment:
I love that you write all of these Whitney funnies down. I wish I wouldhave done that with Aryanna & McKenna from early on. I've forgotten so much of the cute stuff they did when they were littler.
The last picture of Whitney is still one of my favorites, probably because it reminds me of Aryanna's 1st Easter picture. She's beautiful!!!
PS.....Thanks for mentioning that Monkey Preschool app! I downloaded it on your (Whitney's) recommendation and McKenna LOVES it!!!
Post a Comment