Wednesday, April 20, 2011

"Let's Pway Waundwee, Mommy!" and some Dress-Up Diva

(Ok, so I said I was lining up posts for future dates, but Im just posting them all now...I suspect I will have a lot of pics and reminiscing in the next several days, so I'll keep all this stuff in order and leave room for the big BIRTHDAY posts!)

Ive mentioned here before that Whitney LOVES to help me with laundry (waundwee).  I must make it look like a LOT of fun because she comes running whenever I get the water running in the washing machine or start sorting piles of clothes in the hallway. 
We started our busy day with another tea party (yes, another), but this time I was able to convince Whitney to try on the tutu-dress her friend Jake gave her for her birthday! The dress is REALLY big and Im not sure Whitney knew what she really thought of it yet.  I had tried to get her in it a few times but she kept running from me and saying her new favorite, "NO, Mommy! No, I not!!" (as in, "Whitney, are you throwing Little People?"  "No, I not!" and now "Whitney, I need you to come here, please."  "NO, I not!!")
Alas, I didnt give up as I knew how excited Miss Megan was to finally buy some GIRLY stuff since she only gets to buy for Jake. :) My persistence paid off and after a litttttle bit of bribery ("Want to have another tea party!?"), Whitney was game.
"Cheeeuhs!" (Cheers)

See, the dress is bound to be a BIG hit when Whitney is a little bit older, but right now she cant really manuever her arms and it was getting in the way of her tea party-ing. :( I can tell she WANTS to play in it, but she was just getting too worn out trying to reeeeaaach for everything :)

Poor Miss Megan's heart was a little broken, but Im sure she knows that Whitney is 100% girly girl and will grow to love this tutu-dress as her arms grow a bit :)

We traded the ballgown tutu for another Walmart special (personalized by mommy, of course) in time for gym class :) The boys from next door ("Aunt Summy" and "Da Boyz") joined our My Gym classes this week, so it was fun to see the kids all play together.  I cant believe Whitney has been in gym classes for almost a year now! Best. decision. ever.  We missed a lot of classes in March, so I wasnt sure if she would jump in feet first or wade into the water with hesitation.  Let me tell you...this kid wanted to RUN that class herself! She did all the moves, sang the songs, introduced herself, and ran/jumped/skipped and played the entire hour! Im sooo happy she enjoys this class as much as I do!

When we got home, I was about to throw in some loads of towels when Whitney came runnnnning (in her Birthday Minnie ears, of course.)
She makes laundry fun. :)



"Tow-uhllls gettin' cwean, Mommy!"

She makes LIFE fun :)

And because I HAD to go back and take a peek....HERE is what I was thinking TWO YEARS AGO tonight.  Gives me butterflies all over again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment