Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Tea Parties? Check. Dress Up? Check! Check! Check!

Whitney hit the dress-up jackpot at her birthday party! First, my friend Kathy's daughters were AWESOME enough to hand down their Tinkerbelle costume to Whitney! Complete with matching wand, shoes, and dress! What more could she want!?!?
And last year, Eric's cousin Missy got Whitney a fairy costume for her birthday! Whitney wasnt sure who Rosetta was back then, but now!? Rosetta and Tink and Vidia are daily topics of conversation around the Bass house! So Whitney was THRILLED and amazed when Mommy pulled the Rosetta costume out of her closet tonight!

She could NOT believe she had WINGS on! I made her "fly" around the room and she thought (im sure) that I was the COOLEST Mommy EVERR! (ok, so she didnt say that, but I bet she wouldve if she wouldve stopped giggling long enough!)

Whitney opened another AWESOME gift at her party on Sunday.  Uncle Eddie and Aunt DeeDeeDee gave Whitney FOUR pairs of princess dress up "glass slippers" WITH the princesses ON them....AND, as if that wasnt amazing enough, they gave her the huge box of princess dress-up gear to match! Dresses, jewelry (earrings!), crowns, head bands...the WORKS!  Whitney immediately threw her old minnie ears to the ground (the cheap Halloween ones...not the good ones!) and said "open it, mommy.  I put it on!!"

She started with the jewels first.....and couldnt stop smiling!


And then it was DRESS time! Eeeeeek! I was (once again) way more excited than any 32 year old woman should be.  She loved every second and I ate it up!! LOOK at that Snow White!!!

My favorite!

Then it was Cinderella's turn...and ack!! Those SHOES!!! LOVE!

She would put on the new outfit and then go and STARE at herself in the mirror. I just know she was thinking "I. AM. AWESOME!"
"I put it on. Dis one. I put it on, Mommy."

This picture cracks me up.  She asked to put the Sleeping Beauty outfit on.  I obliged.  I added the crown as she stood in the (dirty) mirror and she looked confused.  Stared for a while and then said, "No Mommy.  I not BELLE.  I Sweeping Beauty." and threw the yellow (Belle?!) crown to the ground.  I guess since she's never even seen Sleeping Beauty, it makes sense that she isnt aware of the gold crown Aurora wears.

And, of course any well-rounded princess HAS to support her sports teams!

She insisted on her Red Sox hat that is too small, leaving marks on her head.  Love it.

I wonder if I'll ever get her to wear the shirt I made now that she has a REAL Snow White ensemble!!


THANK YOU, Uncle Eddie and Aunt DeeDeeDee! We love you so much and truly appreciate your gifts, love, and friendship! Aunt DeeDee, come back sooooon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment