Sunday, June 21, 2009

Eric's First Father's Day

Happy First Father's Day, Eric!!
I am so lucky and blessed to be married to my best friend!

And it is so exciting and fun to watch him feel his way through this fatherhood thing. Whitney has Eric wrapped around her lil pinky. :) Here they are this morning, before we headed off to church.

Whitney has made it through one entire sermon in her life. Typically, as soon as the music stops and the preachin' starts, Whitney wakes up and wants to party. Thankfully, I am not the only momma who has to leave the pew and high-tail it to the lobby. :) I usually take on the Whitney-caring responsibilities A) because I like to and B) because I can still hear the message from the lobby while "shhh-shing", bouncy, rocking, cooing, and smiling at our lil girl. I think next week will be different though. Look what happened as soon as Daddy took her from my arms:

After church, we seized the opportunity to gather our family and take some pics. Remember how I am always talking about how I have the BEST Sisters-in-Law? Well here are a few of 'em! Crystal is mommy to Kyle (10) and Dean (6). Melissa's little cutie, Caroline is getting cuddles in the pic: Look how cute she is! She is 9 weeks older than our Whitney and SOO cute! I am hoping she shares the secret to "behaving" in church with her younger cousin...

Then we lined up and took some pics of all of us together...this is the first pic we've all taken together since the little girls arrived. :)

Thanks for taking the pics, Dallas!!


After church, we headed out to Eric's dad's house for a fish fry. YUMMM. Poor Papa manned the grill in 100 degree heat ON FATHER'S DAY! WE should have been serving HIM! He stopped grillin' just long enough to take some pics with his frist granddaughter :) Dont they look alike???

Then Whitney wanted to take some pics with Kyle and Dean. Look how much she LOVES them!!

ALLL smiles!!!

She couldnt take her eyes off Kyle!!

How cute is he!?

After Eric's dad's house, we headed back home to host my dad, grandfather, and mom for a yummy dinner. Eric took a page out of his own dad's book, and grilled for all of us...in 100degree heat...on his first Father's Day. The meal was GREAT, and it was fun to have them all over to our house for a change!
Here is a pic of the pictures we gave the dads for Father's Day. :) They were a hit! Thanks again, Juliet!!

Whitney loved talking to her grandma! She was definitely tired, but was trying her best to stay awake and entertain us all. :)

Loooong chats in the crib and on the changing table are among our favorite things to do lately. Grandma got to enjoy some cooooos today :)

And we took Whitney's Two Month pics in her chair...but you'll have to wait til tomorrow for those :)
Here is a sample, but I will post the rest after her two month doc appointment tomorrow :) (Wait....she's TWO MONTHS....already!?!????? WhAT!?) :(
Posted by Picasa






And a little teaser for things to come.....(Thanks Stori!!)


Hope everyone enjoyed a wonderful Father's Day!

6 comments:

LL said...

Happy Father's Day Eric!

Shelby is the same as Whitney in church. Sleeps or sits quietly through the music and the greeting but once someone starts praying or preaching she lets her voice be heard.

Beautiful pics!

Anonymous said...

Super cute Kat! LOVE the tutu!! She is getting big, and yes, it goes this fast!! kaden will be one next week, can you believe that!?!?
Randi

Stori said...

Hehe love her in the tutu! God bless Eric on his first fathers day! I hope it was everything he had ever dreamed of!

Angie said...

Happy Fathers day Eric.
She is getting cuter every day Kat.I am glad Eric had a great first fathers day.Love the tutu

Sha said...

Oh Kat can she get anymore Beautiful? She has some AMAZING eyes! I could sit and stare at her pictures forever! Belah LOVES to look at Baby Whitney! We look daily (a FEW times a day!!!) Belah always says she wanted to be Whitney's Best friend! Hugs and Love to all four of you!

Holly Burkhardt said...

Beautiful pictures! Happy first fathers day to Eric. I hope he enjoyed it :)

The tutu looks great and I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!

Post a Comment