I read the above quote on Rebekah's Blog. She just welcomed her baby boy after years of struggling and waiting and questionning and wondering and praying. Just like us. This particular post of hers made me cry real tears. But in a good way!
I feel like I could have written almost the EXACT same words about the way Whitney looks at me sometimes. Like she is saying "Thanks, Mom. I was worth the wait, wasn't I? Sorry it had to be so hard to get me here, but now that I'm here, let's have FUN, okay!?"
I love that *I* can make Whitney smile and giggle faster than anyone else on the planet. I love that *I* can calm her and comfort her when she is overwhelmed or bored. I know that *I* was meant to be *her* mommy. I totally know that God hand-picked this little girl to come to our house. If I had gotten knocked-up the first month we tried, then Whitney wouldnt be our daughter. If I had seen 2 pink lines on a pregnancy test at any point in the last 4 years, it wouldnt have been our Whitney. If all those shots and ultrasounds and bloodtests and treatments had worked, I wouldnt get to wake up to *HER* smile every morning. Sure I would be happy with any baby God sent me. Of course! But having Whitney HERE now just proves to me that all that stuff was worth it. All that drama and heartache. The tears and pain. Every single prayer was answered. She is perfectly ours. And we couldnt be more blessed.


8 comments:
Those pictures are PRECIOUS!!!! :)
Loved this...the words, the sentiment, the pictures of you and your sweet baby girl.
I am so amazed at how perfect God's timing is. A person doesn't understand it during the struggles and trials that we face but in the end God knows what the perfect outcome is. I am so happy for you guys. I still get teary eyed when I read your blog, see your photos and videos and think about how perfect she is for you.
God does answer prayers. He loves us in a way that we could never describe and knows our perfect plan. We just have to learn to trust in him.
I am so glad to know you. You have always shown faith and love in/for God even through all the struggles and you have always seemed to put him first. *YOU* have been an inspiration to me from the day I first met you.
Gracious heavenly Father, I thank you so much for this blessing that you have given and for the many blessings ahead. I thank you for friends (even if we haven't met) and for supports and bonds you have helped us build. I thank you for your perfect timing and for everything that you do for us. I ask that you continue to bless the Basses as they raise this beautiful child. I pray that you show them guidance and give then wisdom as they teach their daughter about your love and mercy. I pray that she grows up to love you as you love her. In your precious holy name I pray.
Natosha
I cannot wait to feel that. :) Thanks for the reminder I needed tonight and God knew it - it will all be worth it once I'm holding my precious babe.
Hugs sweetie!
Oh Kat! You left in in tears! HAPPY TEARS! Whitney WAS MEANT to be HOME with you and Eric! She is as lucky to have you two as you are to have her! You three ... Opps sorry your FOUR make the perfect family!
Also wanted to send a HUGE CONGRATS to Rebekah on her Baby Boy!
I wanted to apologize... I went and was reading the wonderful blog u posted called Rebekah's Blog... I think I sent my Congrats to the wrong person and I apologize! But I want to Congratulate the Adoptive Mom and Dad and send my Love and support to the First Mom and Dad! They did a wonderful thing!
Again I am sorry if i might have offended someone!
OK SHOOT I have read further in the blog... and I am guessing the MOMMY and the First Mom have the same name.... MAN i was confused for a bit! SORRY for all the senseless posts! U can delete them if u wish! HA HA HA HUGS!
You totally made me cry. I am just so happy for you and Eric. You and your family are truly blessed in so many ways. I really enjoy coming to your blog and reading about Whitney and all the things that she does and seeing the pictures of her beautiful smile. She is truly amazing and beautiful.
Morgan
Post a Comment