Monday, June 15, 2009

An Exciting Weekend in Our Neighborhood!

On Friday night, we packed our car full of unneccessary ridiculousness (bouncy, 2 pack n plays, travel swing, playmat, several suitcases, beach chairs, tents, 2 strollers, a float, etc etc...) we left Bailey behind with Eric's WONDERFUL Bailey-loving cousin, Ashlee, and drove out to Ponce Inlet to spend a few nights with my parents at a condo on the beach. It was the PERFECT first family vacation for Whitney! She got to go "swimming" in the pool, and dipped her feet in the ocean for the first time! She was such an amazing vacationer :) She hung out on the beach (after my panic attack re: sand and sunburn went away), in her swing and her pack n play...she took pictures and danced with Grandma...she fell asleep to the sound of the waves on the beach...and she watched the sunrise with mommy! What a GREAT weekend! THANKS AGAIN Mom and Dad!
The sunrise Saturday morning:

She fell asleep to the waves crashing:

Then we spent some time by the pool because I couldnt fathom bringing her down to the >gasp!< SAND!!

Such a fashionista

Daddy is soooo funny!!

We went to The North Turn, where NASCAR racing started....yummy food and great views!
Yes, we brought our 7-week-old to a bar:

Then we went back to the condo to admire the views and take a snooze on the porch:





While Grandma and Grandpa enjoyed some beach time:

Whitney loved spending time with her Grandma and Grandpa! She laughed for them and smiled at them allll weekend! They got some great snuggle time, too!


On Sunday, we packed up a ton of crap and trucked down to the beach. Whitney was a CHAMP! She loved the sound of the ocean and she smiled and talked the whole time! We had many compliments on her adorable bathing suit, and of course, on her pleasant personality :) She's the BEST!



Grandpa took Whitney for her very first dip in the ocean!! She loved it! :)





And even though, he couldnt be there in person, we were all thinking about Whitney's Uncle Jamey who arrived home safely in Boston after a great trip to Ireland, Germany, and Prague. Go Sox!



We had a WONDERFUL first family vacation, thank to Whitney's Grandma and Grandpa! Thanks again, Mom and Dad!!

Our weekend fun isnt over yet though!!
Our next door neighbors and very closest friends (literally and figuratively), brought home their precious twin boys today! Eric video-taped their homecoming and I tried to snap as many pics as I could! These two boys are SOOOO cute, and super sweet! We all cant wait to watch them grow up with our Whitter-bug :) Such fun awaits us all!
Conrad Price (left) and Cortland Mack (right)

Whitney LOVING the sweet nothings that Cortland was whispering in her ears....

Cortland, Whitney, and Conrad (doesnt she look GIANT!? She's only 8 weeks!)

More of the Trail's Triple Threat

Cortland in the back, Conrad in the front


Cortland on the left, Conrad on the right


Holding them felt sooo weird! They are ssooooo light compared to our porky! :)


So s GREAT weekend of fun and celebration at the Bass house!! Welcome Home, Conrad and Cortland! We LOVE YOU!!!!

5 comments:

Mandy said...

They are very very cute! Love the pictures of the beach. You'll have to fill me in on the scariness regarding sand :)

Love you guys. . .

SarahBeth said...

OMG North Turn is SOOOOO YUMMY and relaxin!! Ahh I miss the beach already. Those pics are sooooo precious!! I love the one with Grandpa and Whitney in the ocean. Awww! The twins are too cute for words as well! I can't take it!

Anonymous said...

How incredibly adorable...everything! lol I can't even remember half of what I want to say! :) Whitney looks so easy going...just goes with the flow! :) And she is gonna have two boys to fight over her forever...tooooo cute!
Randi

Michelle Smiles said...

Oh so sweet - and you are making me miss the early days with Tessa. I love that tiny/cuddley/sleepy phase. Funny - I never thought I would enjoy the newborn stage but I loved it. (I missed that phase with Sabrina.)

And her bathing suit was divine!

Mari said...

Wow, what an amazing little vaca! Looks like you guys had a great time. The twins are so adorable :)

Post a Comment