Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Whitney is 2 Month Old

Ok, ok...so she was two months old on Sunday, but we have had a few busy days so I am late posting her stats and pics. Sorry! They are worth the wait though!
Stats:
12 lbs. 11oz.
22inches
(we all thought she would weigh a lot more! Her carseat weighs a TON!)

Our Daily Schedule:
Eric, Whitney, and I have a really nice schedule going now. Whitney was sleeping with us for most of the last month, so she would wake up the first time the alarm clock went off for Eric to get ready for work. Apparently, she didnt get the memo that we hit "snooze" a LOT in this house. :) So Eric would get up with her, change her diaper, and make her bottle, and let me sleep. Then he would get ready for work and Whitney and I hang out on the bed. She LOVES her pink playmat, and started cooing and talking to herself in the mirror that hangs from the top. Whitney is reallllly talkative in the mornings, and loves to look in the mirror. She still lights up from ear to ear when I say "Good Morning, Sunshine!" and "I LOVE yooou!" Always a great way to start our day!

Activity:
Whitney has been staying awake for longer periods of time, allowing us time to chat and giggle and play. She loves to lay on her rainforest playmat and watch the lights blink. When the music stops, she squeals and talks until we turn it on again. She has also started noticing Bailey a lot more in the last week. She smiles at him and throws her head back with a giggle when he walks by or tosses a toy in the air. Whitney loves to go on walks around the block, and has started to stay awake while we stroll. It is getting too hot to go for a walk everyday, but in the evening we try to take Bailey and Whitney out for at least a little bit.
The new doctor mentioned Whitney's excellent head and neck control just like the last doc did. :) We were so proud. :) Daddy is in charge of tummy time each night, as I am convinced she likes it better when he handles it. :) We havet quite mastered the concept of books yet...She has her favorites that she will STARE at, but we really dont make it past 2 or 3 pages most nights. But the teacher in me will NOT give up!!! Whitney's absolute FAVORITE book is one from Katie-bug, Maryanne, and Tim. She LOVES the little boy on the "M is for MOUTH" page of her ABC book. The little boy is soo cute, with his mouth WIDE open. Whitney stops everything, stares at him, and talks to him in this flirty cute voice. Uh oh. :) We've tried to get it on video, but we think Whitney knows the sound the camera makes when it turns "on"...because she instantly stops all noises when she hears that noise.
Whitney has also noticed the Little Einsteins in the last week. I was a bad mom and put her in her Bumbo in front of the TV, just to see what she would do. And she LOOOVED it. Juliet and Eric were here to witness it, or I dont think anyone would believe me. :) I put on the episode of Little Einsteins with the pirates, put Whitney in her "ARRGH" onesie with a pirate on it, and watched the magic happen. We all laughed soo hard! She was talking to the tv! (Again...uh oh)

Sleeping/Napping:
Whitney continues to be an excellent sleeper. She can sleep anywhere, anytime. She has started to show some signs of napping/sleeping at the same times each day, but we have been so busy lately that I am not sure it will stick. Lately, she has been waking up around 7-7:30am, staying awake til about 10-11am, then napping for 2-3 hours if we stay home/dont have errands/etc. Then she tends to cat nap until bathtime, around 7:30ish. She has been going to bed in her big girl crib around 8:15 every night. She'll stay in there until she is hungry, anywhere from 3-4:30am. After that, I WAS putting her in the pack n play next to our bed, but the whole alarm clock thing bugged me, so I started swaddling her back up and putting her in her crib for the rest of the morning. She slept until 8:50 yesterday morning! So the poor girl was only waking up in our room because the alarm clock was on! Now that she has peace and quiet in her own room, maybe she'll sleep even later. ??
We started swaddling her at night and she LOVES it. She looks so cute all tucked in :) We use white noise from a static radio station under her crib, and of course the Sleep Sheep from Grandma Debbie. I also put a nightlight in her room...but that's only so I can see her better when I peek at her 100000 times a night. :) I put her to sleep, swaddled, on her back with her aquarium on white noise and she puts herself to sleep. Sometimes she is already asleep when I lay her down, but most of the time she is awake enough to give one last lil smile or smurk before drifting off to dream land on her own.

Eating:
Whitney eats 5oz. every 4-5 hours during the day. The doc said she is growing perfectly and there is no need to push more ounces or back off any. Whitney RARELY spits up...she likes food too much to give any back. :)

Personality:
Oh GOSH, Whitney's personality has reallllly started shining in the last few weeks! She makes eye contact and smiles a LOT. She cuddles and snuggles when she is sleepy. She coos a LOT and loves to sit on my lap, facing me, and just talk and talk and talk alllll day. :) I hope to get it on video eventually, because I would never want to forget the conversations we have. I just fall more and more in love with her every day! She belly-laughed in her sleep while we were at the beach with her Grandma and Grandpa last weekend...but we havent heard a real one when she is awake yet. It was CUTE though!! I cant wait to hear the real deal! Her giggles and laughs are still ADORABLE...and I could listen to them allll day! Whitney wakes up happy and goes to bed happy. She hardly ever cries. (Really, only if she is over-tired and we are trying to get her to entertain us some more! She whines, as if to say "I KNOW I am cute...I KNOW! But really guys...I gotta get some SLEEP here!!") It doesnt happen often, but even her whines are cute. Whitney puts up with just about anything. Snapping 1000 pictures, posing her 800 different ways, changing outfits, moving her around the house so I can shower, change, cook, etc. She is just such an easy-going, happy kid!

PICTURES:
And of course...the funnest part!
Whitney Faith Bass, 4 days old:


Whitney Faith Bass, One Month Old:


Whitney Faith Bass, Two Months Old:

(and I had to move our monthly chair pics out of her room and into the family room where the lighting is better:)



The Bass Family, 5 days old:


The Bass Family, One Month Old:


The Bass Family, Two Months Old:


And some extra cuteness to make you smile :) Isnt she the BEST!?!







We would stand on our heads if it would make her smile when she's actually FACING the camera!


Not sure who looks more ridiculous:


"Mom, are we almost done yet?"


"...really....this is getting old..."


"QUIT TAKIN' MY PICTURE, WOMAN!!"


"Mommy, we took lots of pictures yesterday.....are we doing it all again today???"

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is absolutely precious and I enjoy reading your blog so much. She always puts a big smile on my face :)

Heidi Holthouse (HH)

Heather said...

She is absolutely precious!! I love reading her updates and seeing all of her pictures - thank you so much for sharing with all of us! I am still just so incredibly happy for all of you. :)

Hugs! Love you!

christie patschke said...

OMgosh Kathleen, you have the cutest little girl and I love reading about your family. You are always so positive and happy, I LOVE IT!!!:)

Carrie said...

Kat she's so stinkin' adorable! Avery had the sleep sheep too, and we LOVE the tutu! My girls have 'em in purple! Keep the pics coming, I adore reading your blog!

SarahBeth said...

I so love reading your blog and hear the fun things you do wit Whitney. She is just growing like a weed! I really can't believe it! Ah! I am still so happy for you guys.

A said...

Oh Mama, she is precious!!!
I am so happy for you and your family!

Amy

Holly Burkhardt said...

OMG sooo cute! She is adorable. Sounds like she is really doing great and you must be sooo proud of her.. :)

Sha said...

Belah says Whitney is the prettiest babies EVER! She LOVES to look at her pictures! I have to now read your blog to her! She LOVES hearing about Baby Whitney!

Kaley said...

She truely is a doll. Definitely worth the wait. Thanks for sharing the adorabe pictures of her.

Anonymous said...

:) Just keeps getting better!! She is so pretty and growing so fast!!!
Randi

Post a Comment