Sunday, December 27, 2009

Another Christmas

Before I post, I am sad to report that I made a HUGE boo-boo when uploading pics last night. In my defense, it was 1am and we had been up rearranging furniture, fighting with toy packaging (those twist ties are KILLER!), and playing with our slightly-less-perky-than-usual infant who hasnt had a normal nap in several days....and due to all that, I disconnected the cord from the camera BEFORE all the pics had completed uploading to the computer. So the BEST pictures are gone :( A reallllly great picture of Eric's dad's WHOOOLE family (4 brothers, 3 nephews, sister-in-laws, Nanny, Papa, the tree in the background....the. best. pic.of our fam.) gone. Not to mention the great pic we snapped of Eric's mom and Stepdad with Whitney last night. gone. I literally cried when I realized what I'd done. Pics are HUGELY important to me and I hate that I lost some of the really great shots from yesterday. So there. I said it. Now I am trying to move on. :(
(big breath in.........sad face)

Yesterday, Eric, Whitney, and I ran to Walmart in search of solid bookcases for her playroom. The ever-growing toy madness and book collection were getting out of control and we wanted a way to store the toys she wont use just yet while giving her access to toys she can play with now.
Little did we know that we would need to make room in a spare bedroom closet for even MORE toys after we did Christmas with Eric's Dad's side of the family yesterday afternoon!
Whitney's toy room has been embarassingly jammed-packed with TOO MANY toys. We have the best friends in the world, and they all handed down their kids' unused toys when Whitney came home. We LOOOVE the toys and are excited that Whitney has so many toys to play with, but it is seriously looking like a toy store in our playroom.

Then, we went to Christmas with Eric's dad yesterday....and left with a trunk AND backseat FILLED with Cabbage Patch Kids, puzzles, books, Singing crayola thing, Little People Dollhouse, bouncy balls, a ball popper, clothes, Little People 50th anniversary school house, and mannnnny other toys I've always wanted....err,...that Whitney will LOVE!
Just a piece of her haul:

Getting gifts was a LOT of fun of course, but I think our favorite part was giving Eric's stepmom her gift:

And Eric's dad part of his gift:

Eric's Stepmom asked for pictures and Eric and I had so much fun picking the perfect pictures of allll of the family members and arranging them perfectly in the frame for her. She cried when she opened it, so we knew it must be a success :) And Eric's dad has a room at their house that has been deemed "The Man Cave" for a while now. We found this sign on Etsy and knew he had to have it. It was also a big success :)
And I have to note that, against my better judgment and all of my collegiate values, we purchased Eric's brother and his wife an FSU chip and dip platter. Jake graduated from FSU and I suppose it would have been awkward to buy him a Clemson platter,....but that garnet and gold really hurt my eyes. blaaah.
This time next year, we will have ANOTHER family member to join in the fun! Eric's sister, Lynzie, is having a baby GIRL this May and we couldnt be more excited! Whitney has so many cousins and I love that she will have ANOTHER girl close to her age. Can you even IMAGINE the fun Disney trips we have in our future!!?! :)

The "old" playroom:

Our new, improved Toy Store....I mean, Playroom!:



And this morning, Whitney has decided to watch Bailey every time he goes out to potty....and then, SURPRISE!, the sprinklers came on! :) More fun stuff popping up everyday :)


No comments:

Post a Comment