Thursday, December 31, 2009

Wrapping up 2009

Whitney and I have had a great week with Eric home from work! We have been busy having fun with family and friends and preparing to start a new year. I planned to write this really great post about all the great events of 2009, but, quite frankly, Eric is golfing and Whitney is napping...so I am gonna post some pics and clean (or nap!) :)
(But some of our highlights of the year:
*being matched with T and L
*meeting Whitney for the first time
*bringing Whitney home!!
*watching our little girl grow
*watching our friendships and marriage grow and get stronger through good and bad times
*regaining the relationship with my parents, and watching them love our little girl to pieces
*and thats just the Cliffs Notes version....we are sooo blessed and lucky!

OK, onto the pics:
Monday was spent cleaning the house and getting W's playroom organized. (Ok, so we took a nice nap on the couch, too.)

Our friends Christine and Matt came over with their ADORABLE son, Connor. He is such a GREAT little boy...not only is he CUTE, but he is 14 months old and SHARES! He was constantly handing Whitney new toys and sharing with her. SOOO cute! Whitney really liked having him over, and of course we looove Christine and Matt :) We always say we have to do this more often...2010 resolution! :)


On Tuesday morning I learned of the passing of a girlfriend I had only met through the internet, but who meant a lot to a lot of great mommies. Annie was only 27 and has three sons, aged 3 and under. I avoided the internet and tried to process how she could be taken so quickly by such an ugly disease (melanoma), so we headed out of the house to keep busy. We went to the outlets (biiig disappointent) and then out to dinner with some of our besties. Eric and Dave grew up together, and I happen to ADORE his wife Dallas and their two kids, Austin and Faith. Faith is exactly 3 months older than Whitney and we are certain they are already plotting against us. :)


And the girls loooove Austin (and all of his toys!)


Wednesday we went to a yummy lunch with Eric's dad, one of my sister-in-laws, and one of Eric's little bros. I forgot to get a pic, but it was a nice treat to see them again and we have agreed that we plan to see more of that side of the family in 2010. They live soo close, its silly not to see them more often. :)
After lunch we stopped at Target where Whitney cleaned out their shoes department. :)
And last night we had a YUMMY dinner at Mac and Gramps' with my Uncle Scott and his wife Natalie. Again, no pics (my mind is sorta preoccupied I guess), but it was a great night!
Some pics from yesterday afternoon:
How we spend a LOT of our day...






Tonight we are having some of our favorite friends over (and they also happen to be family!), Eddie and Danielle. We are just gonna eat some yummy snacks and watch the ball drop. Nothing wild or crazy here :) Hope everyone enjoys a wonderful, safe New Years Eve! And hope 2010 brings all your answered prayers the way 2009 did at our house!

1 comment:

Sha said...

Oh your sweet angel is soooooo Beautiful! Wishing the entire Bass family a VERY HAPPY HEALTHY and SAFE 2010!

Post a Comment