Monday, April 20, 2009

Is it really almost...

APRIL 21st??

Back on January 27th, I never thought this date would really get here. Ever. April 21st has been a far-away date to day dream about and analyze. I have stared at my calendar countless times, counting down the days. Now, it is time to countdown HOURS.

By this time tomorrow, baby girl will be here. Well, not HERE. But she will be hours old and ready to take on the world. I am not sure if we will get a phone call or if the agency will try to delay contact until consents are signed on Thursday. I am hoping to get a phone call to at LEAST tell us that both T and baby are healthy and doing well. But I would LOVE to get a phone call telling us to come to the hospital. The agency has told us several times that they will not allow us to meet the baby until they are "certain" that T will sign consents. In our conversation last week, I also asked T to avoid bringing us to the hospital unless she was "certain" she was going to place with us. She understood and agreed. So IF we get a call to head to the hospital, I would like to think things will move forward as planned. But if we dont get a call inviting us to see the baby, I will not assume that things have all fallen apart. Maybe T just needs more time to heal and prepare herself? Maybe the agency wants to triple check with the nursing staff that its okay for us to visit. Maybe the agency wont have enough staff to cover this blessed event....(let's not go there!)

So...if we dont hear anything by 4pm, I think we will call the agency to make sure everyone involved is doing well and healthy. We all know our agency's track record with returning phone calls/being available/communicating any news AT ALL.

I have about a gazillion people to contact once we get any news. My new phone is not my fav, but it works. If I know you in real life, PLEASE do not be upset or angry or mad or hurt if I "only" text message the news. It is the fastest way to spread the word. Once I text, I will get phone calls "in order". :) If Eric and I can wait 4 years to be parents, surely people can wait a few more hours to find out her stats and hear "the story"! :) Thank you for understanding!!

I just dont think it feels REAL yet....a LOT of people have been telling me to "sleep now, while you can!"...but I havent really felt stressed or anxious in a bad way. I am excited. I just dont know that it feels REAL enough for me to freak out just yet. Gimme a day or two. Then the freak out will probably get messy. :)

14 comments:

Yo-yo Mama said...

I'm really excited for you and your husband. A Birth Day Eve...sleep? ha!

Mrs. C. said...

Kat,

I've thought about you so much in the past couple weeks, it's almost stalker-y. LOL. You are now in what we all hope will certainly be your last few childless nights. I expect there will be many, many late, worry-filled nights in your future, but it will be because of things like first sleepovers, first dates, or the senior prom! =)

Daughters (all children, really) are such blessings. I am so thankful that God has chosen to share the blessings of motherhood with you. What a lucky girl she is to have a set of birth parents who love her enough to give her a set of forever parents who loved the idea of her before she even came into being...a conception of the heart.

I'll be thinking about you all day tomorrow, and praying (hard!) that you are able to see your precious baby girl on her birth day!

sarah7181 said...

Kat, I am just soooo over the moon excited for you!!! :)I can't wait to read another post. :)

Krystal said...

Wow! I'm very excited for you. I'm praying for all of you.

Hubby and I (along with my mother) drove 10 hours the day our daughter was born, through parts of three states. We managed to get to the hospital before she was born. We were blessed to get to see our little girl about an hour after her birth. God gave me huge peace the whole time we waited to take her from the hospital. We had our paperwork done (private adoption/interstate placement), so we did indeed get to leave with our girl when she was released from the hospital. We did have to stay in state for five more days for paperwork that could only be done after the birth, but my sister lives in that state, so we just stayed at her house. We truly had a God-blessed adoption. I pray for the same for you!

Again, I'm praying for everyone!

Hope said...

Good luck today, Kat and Eric! I wish you patience while you wait for news. I look forward to hearing your story and seeing pictures.

bethaidan said...

I can't believe that today is the day!!!!! I am just way too excited for you and Eric! Prayers are being said for everyone!

LL said...

I hope you get the phone call saying "come to the hospital!:
You all are in my prayers!

Erinn said...

I'm thinking of you guys today!! I'm praying all goes well & you are holding your little baby girl soon. Just enjoy this excitment & anticipation that you feel. It really is a great time in your life!!

Holly Burkhardt said...

SOOOO excited for you!
good luck and i hope u get to see her soon

Erin said...

I realllly hope you don't have to wait until Thursday!

mommy2rene said...

Oh Kat! Lots and lots of prayers for you and for the birth mom and family. I will be thinking about you today. I can't wait to hear news.

Mari said...

Kat, I am thinking about and praying for all of you today.

Heather said...

The day is finally here!! Unbelievable!! Praying for you all today, sweetie, and loving you all so much!

Tracey... said...

Get a good nights rest and enjoy your last night as JUST A COUPLE. God Bless.

Post a Comment