
So be sure to link back to her fun page with your answers :)
1. Would you ever vacation alone?
2. Do you go the speed limit?
3. Why did you start blogging/following blogs?
4. Where do you shop for yourself?
5. What was the song that you danced your first dance with your spouse to at your wedding...or...what song would you like your first dance to be to?
_____________________________________________________________________________________
1. Would you ever vacation alone?
Umm...probably not. I would travel alone in order to get to a friend's house or to meet up with other people, but I dont think I am brave enough to do a whole trip/adventure on my own. I enjoy laughing and being around other people too much to not share a vacation with people I love :) Now, if I was on vacation with friends or family and I wanted to go see something/do something they werent interested in, I would venture out on my own...but I dont think that counts as "vacationing alone" :)
2. Do you go the speed limit?
Technically, no. I drive over the speed limit most of the time, but never more than 10 miles over. Im not a timid driver, but Im also not as risky as my hubs. I told him he was gonna have to take Driver's Ed classes before we brought our baby home...i was only half kidding.
3. Why did you start blogging/following blogs?
I started blogging a few years ago when we were doing fertility treatments. I was pleasantly surprised with how my worries sorta left my mind when I had them typed up, out of my head, off my fingertips, and posted here. I ve gone private a few times, and occasionally I will lay in bed worrying about the "what ifs" of a Blogger, but then I realize that it would take a pretty sad, boring person to steal pics of my family or hijack my words. We just arent THAT exciting :)
I love being able to get pictures to Eric's mom, my aunts and uncles, and my brother without being harassed :) I love telling stories about our days, even if we spend it in our PJs (see yesterday:)), and I LOVE that Whitney will be able to read back through the posts someday and get a sense of how much she is loved. My goal is to go back and print my entire blog and put it in a binder. Its a little overwhelming, but I'll get there.
I follow other blogs because they make me laugh or give me ideas of things to do with Whitney. I like reading about other Mommy lives and the fun things my friendds do with their kids. I love getting to know people better through their own words. I seriously wish all of my friends had blogs (Kirsten!! Summer!! Kathy!! Dallas!) Its a fun way to catch up :)
The only downfall to blogging...when *I* blog, people have a sense that they "know" me. Like, really well. I tend to lean towards sunshine and rainbows here, and that's not really all Im about. So when I meet friends who "only" know my through my blog, I am always afraid they will think Im this big joke. Like Im more sarcastic than they wouldve thought. Or Im more nervous than I let on. So blogging is a big part of me...but its just a PART.
It also stinks when people read the blog but dont comment. That bugs me every now and then because I like to know that Im not just writing to the same 5 people who are my comment buddies :)
4. Where do you shop for yourself?
Hmm. I would love to shop at Target all the time since its reasonably priced and always cute...but they dont carry Long sizes very often, so I only get to buy shirts there occasionally...and never pants or jeans. NY&Co was my all-time favorite for a looong time, especially in my teaching days. But now that I can guarantee baby food stains and dog hair on my clothes, I stick with whatever shirts are long enough. And when i find them, i buy every. single. color. It drives Eric crazy. But when I find long shirts that wont ride up my belly, exposing pasty, chunky flub, I dive in feet first. Shopping is a touchy subject for me now though...since Im trying to lose weight, I refuse to buy one more article of clothing until it is in a size I can respect. (It'll be a while...)
5. What was the song that you danced your first dance with your spouse to at your wedding...or...what song would you like your first dance to be to?
Sadly, Eric and I didnt dance at our wedding. We got married at the beach and had a yummy dinner at the Chart House afterwards. No dancing. There are a lot of songs that remind me of "us", but I think Id probably dance to:
Love him :)


And I dont know if we'd dance to this song, but it always reminds me of him and makes me want to belt it out at the top of my lungs in the car....alone... :)
11 comments:
Ok so I'm a closet reader ;). I like catching up on the adventures of Whitney and Bailey! Thanks for all your posts! We should get together sometime. You'd be amazed at how big Kaitlyn is!
I check in and read your blog! I may not always comment mainly because of lil Miss Shelby keeps me pretty busy and plus I'm tired! :) I understand your slight frustration at people not commenting. My blog is private so I know I lost some readers and it seems that once adoption blogs become mommy blogs, many of the women still waiting find it hard to keep following.I hardly ever check my sitemeter to see who reads. Do you still have access to my blog?
Great songs you picked out!
I agree I usually never go more than 10 over!
Oh Kat I LOVE reading your blog....and I try to comment as much as possible....But i feel like I sound like a Broken record....But I just can not say enough how Beautiful your Lil Lady is!
Ok I comment all the time, but like Sha, well, feel a bit repetitive (spelling?? lol) And when I meet you, you better be as sarcastic as I think you are ;)Because I am probably more sarcastic than you think I am! lol
~Randi~
I read your blog, but like others I don't want to comment too much so you don't think I'm stalking. I have a daughter, Cara, who is just a bit older than Whitney, so I like to see what you and your daughter are up to.
You guys are too cute!
You guys are too cute!
You guys are too cute!
I'm pretty sure that I have commented before, but I guess not positive. I am one of your quiet blog readers... I LOVE see what you and Whitney are up to, but like the others, feel like I might be stalker-ish to comment too often.
And I read most of my blogs on my iPod or through google reader at school (I am a teacher) because blogs are blocked at school. So if I want to comment, I have to remember to revisit the post when I get home.
I must say, it's rare that I do that!
Anyway, I just wanted to let you know I am reading, even if silently. Whitney's adorable, and I love seeing what you guys get up to.
I read your blog all the time Kathleen! It's actually one of the few saved in my faves! I never comment though...no real reason why. Mostly I think I feel bad that I read so often, but never see you guys in person!
Elizabeth Hensley
Post a Comment