Sunday, January 24, 2010

Weekend Update

We had such a GREAT weekend! We hung out with lots of our favorite friends and enjoyed hanging out with new friends, too!
On Friday night, we (ie, Eric) were excited to put together Whitney's new car :) After some minor issues (accidentally putting the front wheels in the wrong way), possibly some cursing, and a lot of hard work,...the car was finally assembled and ready for Whitney! Unfortunately, it was well passed her bedtime by the time the car was drivable...so it had to wait til the next morning. But in the mean time, we had a fun night with Eddie and Danielle, laughing and catching up. Love them!
Daddy assembling W's first car!

Aunt D taught Whitney how to honk the horn! :)

Daddy let Whitney "help" put the car together...

Good work, Whitterbug!!

On Saturday, Whitney watched her whole Letter Factory DVD from the coziness of her new car. Haha. I couldnt even wait to put clothes on her apparently, because she sat in there and played with just a diaper on for about an hour. :) She loooves it!
Daddy came home from playing kickball and we decided to take her new car for a spin outside. She was on cloud nine! haha
Watching the Letter Factory from the comfort of her Cozy Coupe :)

NAKED DRIVER!!

The best aprt of the car....the door....
OPEN....

...CLOSE...(squeal with delight)!...

OPEN!!...

Takin' it to the streets...

"See ya later, Alligator!!"

I got the keys, Mommy! Is this thing street legal??

Umm, sorry Big Guy...I dont think there is room in here for you :(

I love my car!!! Thanks Aunt Holly!!


While we were cruisin' the neighborhood, we ran into Summer, Mike, and the twins next door. They invited us to join them on a walk around the new park in our town. It has a splash pad and a HUGE playground. Summer and I had fun planning all of our outings :) We checked out the library that is one block from the park, too. We looove our town even more now that we have kids :)
Summer, Conrad, Cortland, and Whitney and I cant WAIT for the splash pad to open in March!

The playground has a toddler section and a HUGE "big kid" section! Cant WAIT!!

When we got home, Whitney crashed :)Dreaming about the park, Im sure :)

After a nice walk with the Rudis, we headed home to get the house ready for dinner with more friends. Eric works with Tom, who just moved in a few houses down. Tom and his wife, Susana, have two ADORABLE kids. It was so nice having them over to hang out and let the kids play. Their Bells (Isabella) is one week older than Whitney...but you wouldnt know it since Whitney is HUGE :) These girls will give us a run for our money in the years ahead :) Isnt it great when you meet new friends and just "click" right away?? We have been extremely blessed with Summer and Mike next door, so its even more fun to have Susana and Tom close by. And how great is it that Cortland, Conrad, Bells, and Whitney are all within 9 weeks of her other :)


Eric and Tom got the girlies in their tutu PJs :)

Bells was on task...Whitney was excited about the wipes..

Whitney was on task...and Bells was interested in her fingers..We'll get there. We have plenty of time to take tons of cute pics :)

Sunday morning we recovered from the fun the night before, and then headed to our other friends' daughter's 1st birthday party. Whitney and Faith are exactly 3 months apart and together, they will spell TROUBLE for us :) For years I worried that all of our friends' kids would be too old to be playmates for our child. We were the last of our friends to have a baby, (or so it felt!), but now Whitney has TONS of playmates to grow up with! And it is soooo fun for us to watch all these kids grow into little people with personalities and silly faces and years of fun to look forward to! :)

Happiest Baby Girl :)

Playing with Daddy's sunglasses

The Birthday Girl!!

Daddy is soooo funny!!

I think she's wondering when it is HER turn to have a big party like Faith! :)


One of those moments I waited for all those years...i LOVE her snuggles!!

Me and Whitney with Dallas and the Birthday Girl, Faither!

Silly girl :)

Crashed on the way home :)

And now, after a great weekend filled with the best firends in the world, it is nap time at our house :)

Hope everyone enjoyed a nice, restful weekend!!

3 comments:

April said...

love the pics! SHe is just a darling! Just love seeing you hold her!

Colee said...

Awww that car is just cute & She is ABSOLUTELY adorable in it too =)

Beth said...

Oh my goodness- I LOVE the pictures of Whitney and her new car!! My favorite part... open, close, open, close! I can see it now! I truly can't believe how big she has gotten! Adorable! And I thought I had busy weekends! You dance circles around mine! ;-)

Post a Comment