Bailey wasnt allowed in the park (discrimination!!?), so Gramps walked him back to their house and came back on the golf cart. Whitney thought it was sooo funny, riding around shotgun with her car strapped to the back :) (Mac and I both have bad backs, so we were DONE bending over to push the car from behind, even though Whitney could have ridden in her car alllll day llooooong. :)
Of course she got in some great swing time at the park, and was happy to say hi to some ducks at the lake there. This is the same park where Whitney's 1st birthday party will be this April, so we always get to talking about the plans and the decorations and the food when we're there. FUN!!...and walking distance from my parents!?
Friday night we went to dinner with some of our favorite neighbors, and then tried to catch more video of Whitney taking steps (I refuse to say she is "walking", as she has maxed out at 7 steps so far.) We didnt get great video, but we did laugh a lot. :)
Saturday was spent at home during the day, but Eric headed to some Monster Truck show that comes to town every year, while I hung out at home with Whitney and one of my favorite girls, Danielle. We watched the Miss America pageant and laughed and laughed and laughed. :) Eddie and MIcah came over later to invade our girls' night, but they added excellent commentary to the talent and bathing suit portions of the pageant, so they were allowed to stay :)
Sunday, Eric let me sleep in....LATE. He has been working super-long hours with his new role, so when he is home, he hogs all the Whitney time :) He spent the morning with her, playing, walking, reading, and talking, so I got to sleep in til 10am! Isnt he the best!?
After W's naps, we headed to Eric's dad's house for the BEST fish fry around. Eric's dad and stepmom make the best fried fish and hushpuppies, and the ONLY cheese grits I will eat. :) It was a LOT of fun chatting with my SILs and Whitney's Grandma/Nanny (not sure what she's being called "officially" yet :)). We watched the wedding video from Jake and Christina's wedding in San Antonio in October, and loved catching up with everyone.
Whitney was cracking up, peeking out the window at Papa, Daddy, and UNcles Jake, Daniel, Parker, and Dawson outside :)
Whitney especially loves her Papa!!
Overall, a GREAT weekend with family and friends :) Not sure life gets much better than this! :)

4 comments:
awesome weekend update as always! Looks like a super fun one!
OMG! I love love love her piggy tails!
Sounds like a very fun filled weekend!!! I love Miss Whitney's piggy tails, they are to stinking cute!!!! :)
Morgan
My daughter has the same Valentine's outfit! I've recognized other outfits as well. We have similar (and very good) tastes!
Post a Comment