Eric and I drove to the hospital this afternoon and had a nice (but short) meeting with T, the agency, some nurses, and the most beautiful little girl I have ever seen. Dont get me wrong...I have seen pretty babies. But this one is special in a different way. She is just so perfect and beautiful...and perfect....and gorgeous. She has the loooongest fingers and toes and the softest, most perfect skin and hair. Oh, the HAIR! It is soooo perfect! She has that perfectly round c-section-baby head and super sweet little squeaks and noises come out of her perfect little rosebud lips.
We walked in the room and T handed her right to me. I gave T a hug and thanked her, and she thanked us. I couldnt believe I was about to hold this little girl, and I tried sooo hard not to cry. A lost cause. I didnt weap openly or sob or lose it entirely. But the tears were streaming and my nose was sniffly over and over.
T asked "so, youre still stickin' with Whitney, huh?" with a cute smile. We smiled, told her that it has a special meaning to us, and that we really do have our hearts set on Whitney Faith. She smiled and even laughed a little and said "i know, i'm kidding. I understand. And Faith is definitely the middle name, right?" and of course we said yes.
She showed me how to clean the belly button and let me change a poopy diaper. :) T was so gracious and willing to let us just hold the princess as long as our hearts desired.
L couldnt make it there this afternoon, but we should see him tomorrow morning at the hospital.
T's doctor will release her tomorrow morning. Consents may not be signed until T is no longer a registered patient at the hospital. Discharge will happen, and then T will be allowed to sign papers for the first time. T has a picture in her head of how she wants it all to happen, and the hospital is doing whatever they can to make that vision come to life. Some things though, are just not allowed according to the law and/or hospital policy. Eric and I would be willing to bend the rules if it makes T feel better, but there are just some things that cant be bent according to the hospital administrator we spoke with, in order to protect the hospital, the agency, and all parties involved.
I asked T if it was okay if we took pictures and she immediately said "of course!" It felt like I was taking too many, so I tried to hold back. Turns out I only took about 6 in all. :) We plan to share at some point in the next weekend, when things settle down and that little girl is ours to "share". But while you wait, just know that this little girl IS gorgeous and already has us both wrapped around her long fingers. :) She is just PERFECT.
While T is signing paperwork tomorrow, Eric and I are supposed to be in the nursery with the baby so the nurses can give us the "new parent" rundown...how to care for her umbilical cord, how often she's eating, when to call the doc, etc. We cant WAIT!! Then, the hospital will release the baby to us, check our carseat, and we'll be on our way home.
We plan to go home, just the three of us, to show her where she's going to grow up and let her meet Big Brother Bailey. Then, we'll have family over to meet our newest member. :) The rest of the visitors will have to play it by ear, as we have never done this before. :) But know that we cant wait for everyone to meet her and are so blessed to have THE BEST friends and family we could ever ask for.
Please continue to keep T and L in your prayers. I am not sure L was giving T the support she was looking for and she deserves and needs help, support, hugs, and understanding right now. It seems as though they may just be handling this all in different ways, but I hope they can somehow work together to support one another.
I hope my previous post was not harsh-sounding. I DO NOT agree with the hospital's policy to boot T out. I hate that policy and I told the administrator that today...in a not-so-sweet-kinda-way. This is a time when T needs HELP and SUPPORT...not a ticket out to the front door on her arse. As it turns out, the policy is obsolete in our situation since T's doctor wont release her until tomorrow anyway. But it is a DUMB policy to have...whether it applies to our situation or not. (So, no "Thanksgiving"..i didnt take it the wrong way...i was trying to say the same thing you were...you just have a clearer head than I did.)
So that is the latest. I am off to flip through the beautiful pictures we now have. over and over and over. THat meeting was not how we pictured things (we were worried about meeting the baby before consents were signed, since technically T can still change her mind and my heart now belongs to that little girl...) but now...we wouldnt have it any other way. (Well, we wish L could have been there...but that just wasnt possible.)
I will update as often as possible. But you know the plan of attack for tomorrow, so understand if I am not on the computer too often. :) We leave for the hospital around 10:45am...and hope to be home around 2pm. Family visits...pictures taken and looked at over and over and over....Eric and I need/want/crave more alone time with her...and then my Internets will have my attention....briefly..........before I head back to the princess. :)
30 comments:
YAY!!!! THIS IS JUST AWESOME!!! I'M EXCITED BEYOND WORDS FOR YOU AND ERIC. CONGRATULATIONS, MOMMY and DADDY!!!!
Oh Kat I am so happy for you and Eric! My Whole family was here today .... as I read all of your posts out loud, i cried tears of HAPPINESS for you! I will for sure Keep T in my thoughts and prayers!!! Looking forward to updates when it is possible!
Oh Kat, I am crying tears of happinness for you!! I told you we would have our beautiful princesses this year ;) Many hugs and prayers for everyone involved! I can't wait to see pictures of beautiful Whitney Faith :)
I am so happy for you guys! Enjoy every second and inch of your beautiful little girl! I cried happy tears with you!
:) congrats! can't wait to see pics! I wish you lived closer so i could take some for you!
Oh I am sooo happy for you and Eric. This is truly a prayer answered from everyone! I can't wait to see the glow in your's and Eric's faces in your first family pic, and of course I am holding my breath until I see how gorgeous she is! Big Hugs!
I will continue to pray for T and L in hopes that they are able to have closure. They are generous people and in this world today, that's priceless!
I am beyond happy for you!!! this is the most wonderful news ever!!! i cant wait to see pics of the beautiful Princess.. I will be thinking about you and Eric tomorrow.. you are going to be a good mommy and daddy!!!
Congrats Kat! I'm so excited for you and Eric. Whitney is such a lucky little girl!
Congrats, as I sit here with the tears streaming down my face! I am so glad that you got to meet "your" little girl today. I am sure it didn't feel real! I wish you nothing but the best tomorrow, as I am sure you will not sleep tonight!
Again congrats!!!
Ellen
There are plenty of us out here sharing in your happy tears! Enjoy these moments, write everything down, take photo's of everything-you will cherish those always. I still sit and look at Ethan's baby pictures! I'm so overjoyed for you both-She is a very special gift from God. Remember, I'm adopted, so if you have any questions, fire away!
Hooray! And congrats again! :)
Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you and Eric!! God is truly an awesome God!! Continued prayers for you and your family! can't wait to see pictures of your bundle of Joy!!
Yay! I'm so glad you got to see her and are bringing her home tomorrow!!
This is just way too exciting! I can't wait to see pictures!
This is a wonderful, WONDERFUL update! I can't wait to see pictures!!!
she does sound perfect! Looking forward to seeing pics of the princess...when you have time. I know how busy, in love and exhausted you are going to be. Ejoy it and take your time and soak it all in.
Congrats to you and Eric. JM hopes to see you back on the board with pictures of the happy family, if you'd like.
infinite congratulations to you kat and eric! i know it is a long time coming! i am so happy for you!!!
Oh, that sounds so good!!! Still praying (and thanking God for the good news)!
My child,
I carried you in my heart
before you were even born
And dared to dream
that you were real.
My child,
I carried your picture with me
since the day I received it,
And dared to love
a child I was yet to meet.
My child,
I carried you in my arms at last,
and gazed in helpless wonder
at your face,
And dared to lose
my heart to you.
And now, my child,
a dream fulfilled,
a prayer answered,
a family created,
I have dared to become
a mom.
And so now,
my precious child,
I shall carry you
home.
Praise Him.
I just wanted to wish you all the best & look forward to reading all about the newest member =) You two are so deserving of this.... Many prayers & blessings.
Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys!
AHHHH!!! Miracles do happen. Dreams do come true. God is with us. So incredibly happy for you and Eric . . . and Whitney!! :) My prayers are with all of you, and with T . . . what a selfless act of love for humankind. Enjoy today . . . enjoy forever with your princess. Arin
Oh Kat! The day Whitney comes home is that much more real. I'm thrilled that you got to meet her she sounds beautiful! I can't wait to read about the coming home of the new, official Bass Family!
Kat, congrats over and over again! (Eric too!!) We have all waited for this day for so long. I'm in tears for you. Tears of complete happiness and joy. You two will be the BEST parents that little girl could ever have.
I think you went pwp a while back and I lost track of you. I just found you on the open adoption bloggers site to learn that today you are bringing home your little girl. I am thrilled for you and hope everything went smoothly today for all involved. I look forward to hearing more and seeing your photos!!
Oops, I just posted the comment that says from "Valerie" under the wrong account. You would know me from this one. Congrats again!
I AM SO HAPPY THIS IS COMING TRUE FOR YOU! ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND! GOD BLESS!
So excited for you...the feeling I have it so unexpected...really I can't explain it, guess it is just what happens when God answers our prayers...I feel blessed bc you are blessed :)
randi
Yay, how awesome!! I'm so glad things are working out the way you (and we) have all hoped! I am still praying for T. and that she gets comfort and peace. Can't wait to see pictures!!
Melba
Post a Comment