We got home around 3:30.
*arrive home to signs and balloons welcoming Whitney (that pics on my mom's camera...its in the video though!)
*my mom and dad (who have yet to pick what they want to be called...Gramma, GLamma, Memaw, etc the possibilities are endless) in the driveway ready to meet their very first grandchild

(this is where I realize that my MOM's camera has all really great pics!)


*Bestie next door popped over to meet Whitney
*4:00 first poopy diaper
*4:10 first bottle at home (2 oz. in 6 minutes...chug chug chug)
*4:15 pooped during her bottle
*4:17 Whitney pooped on her changing pad while I changed her already-poopy diaper.
*Eric's Dad and Stepmom, his brother Parker, his sister Lynzie ("Wash your hands, Peeps!" before allowing anyone to touch Whitney! soo cute!), and one of our nephews came through the door with a "Welcome Home Whitney!" cake and TONS of presents...oh, the CLOTHES! and pack n play! and DVDs! and wrist rattles! and sooo much more! This is Eric's Dad's first grand-daughter. In fact, I believe Whitney is the first girl on that side of the family in generations! Eric's dad was over-the-moon, and his stepmom was soooo cute with the tears of happiness and hugs and joy in her face!





*Whitney opened her eyes for everyone to sneak a peek, but only momentarily..as she slept through LOUD commotion, TV blaring (with no one watching), and being tossed/passed around for hours. Literally.
*My dad went to get my grandfather, Whitney's GREAT Grandfather to meet Whitney. Four Generations of Family :)




*Eric's brother Daniel, his wife Crystal (life saver), and our nephews Kyle and Dean came over to meet Whitney. Crystal helped me give Whitney her first sponge bath while Eric videotaped us and told me everything I was doing "wrong". haha. It was all in fun and he was totally joking, but it was fun to see Eric get SOOO protective of our daughter when she was just upset because she was naked! He did NOT want her to cry...at ALL! She only fussed an average amount and was fast asleep again as soon as the warm towel was wrapped around her.
This is Dean. He is going to be 6 in a week and he is VERRY excited! Again, realizing that everyone else's cameras have the greeaaat pics!

*7:20 another bottle (2oz.)
*7:35 giant poop
*7:40 finished bottle (1 more oz.)
*Whitney pooped on her changing pad. Again. I have worked with infants for over a year...you would think I would know it was comin'...nope. She's sneaky.:)
*10:10 another 2.5 oz.
SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP
*My mom's (GLAM-ma...really?!) and dad's friends came over to see Whitney in her PJs with freshly bathed hair and baby smells. She was passed around a few times and the men were a little rowdy since the Magic were on, but she slept through the whooole thing. THis was when I worried she might have her days and nights mixed up already.


*2:20am poopy diaper
*2:35am 3oz.
SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP
*6:25 3oz.
*6:40 wet diaper
played with mommy in bed for a little bit (maybe 30 minutes)
SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP
...and it is 10:25 and she is still asleep.
The doctor at the hospital said to feed her every 3-4 hours during the day, and not to wake her at night. (Gasp! I just KNOW someone is going to tell me how WRONG that is...bring it.) I have a bottle ready for her the second she wakes up, and then we'll do a diaper change, and see if she can stay awake more today. The doc advised us that her billi.rubin levels were good at the hossy, but to put her in the window in direct sunlight/exposure for the next few days. She is currently in her bassinet in the front window, sprawled out and gorgeous. Let me see if I can upload the pic....
Eric was up until 4am when I finally begged him to come to bed. He was making a video/picture collage thingy for us to send out/post on the blog. He isnt happy with it yet, but I cried watching it. Our day was truly PERFECT from beginning to end.
***edited to add that Whitney woke up at 10:45 and drank 2oz and pooped again*** :)
Today we hope Whitney gets to meet her other Uncles and Aunts who live nearby, and we get to go next door to Summer's baby shower to drop off their gifts and brag a little more. :) We are already planning out outfits. :) I will upload the video later. Right now, Eric is in the nursery laughing out loud so I gotta go see what I am missing!!
31 comments:
How exciting! I know that you are just GLOWING! Your parents look SO proud! I know that little girl is NEVER gonna want for ANYTHING! She will be spoiled rotten! AHAHAH! Congrats again! I can't wait to meet her little face!
Aaaaah I wanted to watch the video before we leave for the day...I can't wait to see it, I cried just reading the blog!!
Congrats again to you and Eric, Alison :)
Yall are such a cute family! Im so excited she is home and everything is going well! Im glad your first night went well! Hope it continues! Dont know how im gonna make it through a video when im sitting here bawling at just still photos!
Kat I am sooo excited for you and your growing family! Reading this brought tears of joy to my eyes. You are all so blessed to be finally getting to experience this! I cannot wait to see the video..but I will have the kleenex right next to me :) Soak up every moment...it all goes by to fast!
Geez I am glad I am not the only one crying over all this :) I am just so happy...I even made hubby get up and look last night! I told him how long you waited etc! So happy and I MUST have tissues when the video comes out! :)
Randi
YAY!!! Love it! I LOVE the doctor and TOTALLY agree with him/her. So no "bringing it" from me :)
So amazing how you described everything. You truely are an amazing mommy and I know how blessed Whitney is. Congrats again Kat. :)
btw i think its totally adorable that Eric is already protective :)
How exciting. I look forward to the video.. I have tears streaming down my face of happiness for both you & Eric & your families. Whitney is very lucky.....& VERY CUTE!
SOOOOO CUTE!!! Everything is just so cute....her, you, your family. GOOD TIMES!!! LOL on the bottle at night. Theres no way she will get up & you won't feed her. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your Moms name. That is something my Mom tried to do too. Hilarious! I'm SO glad you guys are so happy!!
AWE! It sounds awsome! So glad to see she slept pretty well for ya! She is just so cute. Can't get over it! You look good holdin a baby. ;) LOL on all the poop. It's nutty how much they poop at first huh?
I am so very happy for you three! Can't wait to seethe video!
Oh. .and I LOVEEEE the 4 gen pictures. Soooooo heart warming!
Oh Kat, I am so happy for you! :) Congrat's!
I'm so excited for you! I'm not going to tell you it's wrong to not wake her, I've always thought that was crazy. If she's hungry, she'll let you know!
I'm so so happy for you guys! She is adorable!!!
I can't believe this is real!!!! You look like you've won a million dollars!!!!! Whitney is so blessed to have Eric and you as her parents.
I am just so happy for you. I have tears in my eyes as I read and look at the pictures. Congrats again and I wish you the continued happiness you all deserve.
So exciting! Sounds like a great (albeit busy) first day at home. She is just the most precious little thing. I can tell from your post that you are totally on cloud 9! YAY!
sounds like you had such a Wonderful day!!! you and Eric look so proud along with Glam-ma and gpa and the others... I'm truly happy for all of you!!!! hope the good nights continue!!!
You can see how LOVED your DAUGHTER is in all those pictures! Your family is AMAZING!!!!
Kat I was also asked to pass a message along...from kathryn on JMs...she said she followed your story on there and is just so happy for you...she said she sent you a facebook request but didn't expect you to accept having not "talked" with each other. Anyway she just wanted to give congrats etc :)
Randi
CONGRATULATIONS ON HAVING A GOOD SLEEPER! EVERYONE LOOKS SO SO HAPPY! Enjoy and God Bless!
Truely amazing! I'm overjoyed for your family! She sounds like the most perfect baby :)
Oh, congrats, again Kat! Sounds like you guys had a wonderful night getting to know little Whitney! She's a doll, and you look SO happy! :)
Renee
I've just gotta say that I LOVE seeing you talk about baby poop! =D SO jealous that you've got her in bows already! What a beautiful, beautiful little girl. How blessed you are.
Sounds like a perfect night from a perfect little girl. She's so beautiful and I love the hair. You guys have so much to look forward to. I'm glad she's home with mommy and daddy.
Erin
Mommy2Natty&Ryan
Again I am sooo happy for you guys! Wow what a fun and exciting day!!!
Uhh... (typed with a smile), you might want to wait a few days to see if Whitney Faith decides to stay up all night and sleep all day. It seems like I've heard that most babies sleep a lot in the first few days of life.
Our daughter was a good sleeper at night early on. (And I don't know if that was due to being formula fed, while our son was breast fed.) Our son was quite a challenge and took a couple of weeks to "straighten out" his days and nights. I do hope and pray that Whitney Faith goes easy on ya!
Thanks for sharing your story. I've been enjoying the good news immensely!
how sweet and wonderful! welcome whitney! and congrats to the whole family and the beautiful new addition!
SO perfect!! You go ahead and brag all you want! Things are going fantastic, and I couldn't be more thrilled for you! Love you guys!
I love seeing all of the pics. Makes me wish that our family lived closer. You are surely blessed!
How wonderful you have your lil blessing!!! She's adorable and you all look so happy, enjoy every moment as i am sure you will. What a answer to prayer! The road is never easy but the rewards are great! God Bless you all in your new adventures as parents and a family.
Post a Comment