Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The longest day EVERRRRR, but some good news :)

When I woke up at 9am today, I groaned for two reasons:
1.) My throat and ear hurt so badly I cant think straight...again.
and
2.) It was ONLY 9am and I was hoping to sleep til at LEAST 1pm, just so the day would seem to go by faster...


Oh well, I called Eric when I woke up and he told me he had just heard from D who said that A WAS able to spend some time with T last night, and that T still fully intends to place the baby with us. T HAS seen the baby and said she held her, but did not see her or hold her while A was there. T said that she needed to see her and hold her, but that it is making this whole thing even more difficult. (This has been her concern for 3 months now...that's why they begggged her to make a hospital plan AHEAD of time...) So, she knows its making it harder on herself, but still feels/felt the need to hold her.


I cant say I blame her. I am glad she decided to hold her since I know this was a big concern of hers for a looong time. I also think she would regret it if she didn't hold her or see her, and it is important to T to not have regrets in this proces.

T has also requested that an agency representative spend time with her in the hospital, so someone is on their way there right now. I think the agency rep will discourage her from seeing the baby anymore, and will likely tell the nursery to stop offering the baby to T. This might be why T requested the rep...because she knows that she isnt strong enough to say "no, i dont want to see her" just yet. Just my thoughts after having spoken with T at length last week.

I am also glad someone from the agency will be there with her to keep her company since she is lying there ALONE during one of the hardest times in her life. Her husband has to work and cant get the day off (and really, how much support is he, anyway?). Her dad is at home taking care of her other two kids, so he cant run up to the hossy to keep her company. So she is alone. A representative from our agency if the perfect person to keep her company and "walk her through this" (T's words).

So...that's the latest. We dont know when she will be released. We dont know if she would like an extra day to recover in the hospital, or if she needs to leave asap to get back to her kids and start healing. We likely wont hear anything else today, but will get an update about today's visit from the agency rep as soon as possible. Tomorrow around 12:30pm is the EARLIEST T will be released from the hospital, but that's if there were no complications, etc. So we'll see. It could be tomorrow. It could be Friday.

Please pray that T continues with her plan to place. Please pray that she heals physically and begins the healing process emotionally. Please pray that she remains strong. Please pray that the hospital staff is treating her well and with respect. Please pray that our agency representative keeps T's AND the baby's best interests in mind at all times. Please pray for my ear and throat...they stillllll hurt like heck. Please pray for all of us to have patience and understanding.

THANK YOU so much for all of your thoughts and prayers! They are working!!!!!!!

17 comments:

bethaidan said...

Lots and lots of prayers being said here. I'm glad things are still looking good!

Krystal said...

Glad to hear T plans to place, still. I'm gonna keep praying!!!

About your pain, I am slow to remember that a pain reliever usually helps a lot when my throat is sore. Hopefully you're doing better by time you read this.

Again, praying!

Mrs. C. said...

What hopeful news! Saying prayers every time you enter my thoughts...

mommy2rene said...

OH KAT!! I am so happy you got some good news!! I will continue praying for everything that you just mentioned!!! :)

Mari said...

I am praying for everything to work out, I am praying for your patience and strength, I am praying for a quick, healthy recovery from a C/S, and most of all, I am praying that little baby comes home to you.

sarah7181 said...

I'm keeping you all in my prayers. I'm so glad to hear somebody is comming to be with her. That has to be sooo hard to be alone like that. I hope the nurses are treating her with compasion.. I'm sure they are though. I think it's good that she chose to hold the baby. I hope you feel better!

Barbara said...

I'm glad that you heard that she's still planning to place with you. I'm so happy for you & your hubby. Now you need to feel better, no time for being sick with the baby coming home soon LOL. Just think, you should have her by the weekend!!!! Best of luck to you

Brooke Berry Photography said...

i'm so excited for you. praying really hard here!

Macie's Mommy said...

Wonderful and hopeful news! Sending thoughts and prayers your way!

Anonymous said...

glad the plan is still in place...definitely praying for all involved!! HUGS and I am sure you are SO anxious!!!

Randi

Heather said...

Praying for all you have asked!! HUGS, sweetie. I hope you feel better soon.

Amber M said...

Wonderful news, Lots of prayers being said today!!!!

Sha said...

Prayers are being said for T and for Baby girl as well as You and Eric! You are such an AMAZINGLY STRONG WOMAN! STAY STRONG!!! HUGS and LOVE!

Natosha said...

Just said some more prayers! O just can't imagine how hard this is on everyone involved. Hugs and thoughts.

Maria H. said...

KAT: Lots of prayers for all coming your way! Can't wait for the update tomorrow. Get some rest for that neck and ear while you still can!

Colee said...

Many Prayers are being said.

Anonymous said...

Thoughts with you at this time.
Sounding really good though.
But that hospital is something eles.
only a little bit longer....

Post a Comment