Monday, April 6, 2009

Not laughing anymore....

"L" just called Eric at work (we didnt even know she existed until she called to do someone else's dirty work).
L said that tonight's meeting is rescheduled for NEXT Tuesday at 6pm. Apparently "T is just FIIINE with it...not upset at alll". Well thats just great then.
WHY is it being rescheduled, you ask? Good question. My first thoughts, too.
The 2nd meeting that wasnt allowed, was against protocol, but was insisted upon so strongly that is HAD to happen has been rescheduled NOT because no one could find T. NOT because T is having contractions or pain. NOT because T's babysitter backed out at the last second. NOT because L got called into work at the last second. NOT by any fault of Ts or Ls. Our meeting...the one we have been waiting for for two and half LOOOOONG-ass weeks...the meeting that is supposed to give us all a better feel about where this is all headed....the meeting that will "make or break" this adoption plan (according to D)....that meeting has to be rescheduled because OUR AGENCY doesnt have enough staff to cover it.
WHAT?!!?
We pay them $$$$$$$$$$ and they cant get two freakin women to a restaurant for an HOUR? THEY PICKED THE DATE AND TIME, and now they cant make it??? How is that even fair? How is that good practices? How is that making us feel like "top priority"? How does that make T feel? Of course she's gonna tell L, the poor admin who got stuck making the dirty phone calls, that she's "fine" with it. What else is she gonna say??? "Umm, actually L, this kinda makes me feel like a low priority to you guys right now, so I think I'm just gonna take my baby and leave." If we cant even get 2 women to a restaurant for DINNER (FREEEEE dinner!) for an hour, what makes us think they will do ANYTHING to bend over backwards to make this happen?
I am BEYOND mad right now. Its one thing if T was unreachable. Its another thing if T was unreachable because she was choosing to be unreachable. Its entirely different if T was unreachable because she was in the hossy with kidney stones again, with labor pains, delivering the baby, etc. But now, after this, it makes me wonder why they even bothered to include the part about T being unreachable this morning if they KNEW they werent gonna have the staff available to make tonight's meeting work? Why even worry us with that detail if the staffing was the issue all along?

So poor L took a bit of a tongue-lashing from me whens he tried to remind me that "when its your turn, everyone will drop everything for you guys, too..." DONT GO THERE HONEY! THAT AGENCY is the reason we have been sleepless for almost 3 weeks. THEY are the ones who told us about these red flags. They are the reason we have been anxious and upset and on this rollercoaster, and when we ALMOST see a light at the end of the tunnel, a way to get more information (which they have been unable to do for 3 weeks), they yank the plug.

A close friend said "dont publicly lash out at the agency until AFTER baby is in your arms...THEN let them have it." We learned about this agency through word of mouth. I imagine that is how a lot of their clients find them. I would NEVER recommend them based on the treatment we have received in the last 3 weeks. If this falls through, I am blaming this ENTIRELY on the agency's shoulders. Who knows...maybe T hasnt been having second thoughts at all. I cnt believe a word anyone says at this point.

Mandy (God love her...she was on IM with me when all this hit the fan and flew everywhere) suggested that MAYBE the staff are all tied up at the hospitals today because they had a Stork Drop. Oh wouldnt they just look like absolute HEROES then?? Wouldnt they just be so thrilled to pieces with how clever and sneaky and fun they are? GRRRRRRRRRRRR.

SO...now I must take yet another day off from the job that i love, the job that I already gave 2 weeks notice to (over a month ago), the job that no longer has a position for me after next Friday. Gotta love that.

I KNOW I might look back at this post two months from now and say "ahh, it was all so worth it though..."..but right now, in THIS moment, i seriously want to hit someone. HARD.

12 comments:

bethaidan said...

I cannot believe this!!! Heck, what's the point of making the date a couple days prior to the delivery?!?! After this is all over, I think that the agency needs to be told a thing or two!

Tracey... said...

I AM SO SORRY YOU ARE GOING THROUGH ALL THIS! YOUR IN MY PRAYERS!

Sha said...

Oh honey I AM SO SORRY! The agency for sure needs to be set straight once you get your precious baby! This is NOT the way to treat a family awaiting their sweet angel! Again I AM SO SORRY! HUGS to you! You ALL are still in my thoughts and prayers every day!

Mikaela said...

AAAHHHH!!!! How frustrating. Big Hugs. Hope you're feeling better.

Erin said...

Seriously, they are going to have to take an hour to eat dinner anyway, so why can't they do it at the time the meeting was scheduled? I would think a woman setting off red flags this close to delivery would be priority #1. Second only to somebody who is having a baby right now.

And when will it be YOUR turn? This baby *could* come any day now, especially with T's kidney stones.

I can't believe people actually recommend this agency! I guess once they get the baby they just forget. Of course the baby is worth whatever you have to go through, but that doesn't mean they can't treat you with respect.

Heather said...

AARRRGGGGHHHH. I am so angry for you and Eric right now. This is so indescribably frustrating. Praying for you, dear friend!!

sarah7181 said...

I'm mad for you too Kat. :(

Cassie said...

I'm sorry.

Melba said...

GRRRRR, is right!!! I'm sorry this had been so stressful for you lately...I cannot imagine the anger and irritation you are feeling at this point. Here's to hoping your "this was all worth it" moment comes SOON!!!

Melba

Anonymous said...

grrr...hugs and I can't wait for you too get your baby, and yes, then lash out!!!

Randi

Mandie said...

You have every right to be angry. huge ((hugs))

Kristine said...

Oh, wow....VERY unprofessional. Sorry to read about all of the frustrations you're experiencing right now. I HOPE that it all becomes a memory with your new baby in your arms.

Post a Comment